Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #646
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Judging from the stack trace, you are using a localization file which incorrectly defines the collectioncount.nonzero.format entry.

Please post the respective line from the localization file here.

EDIT:
Here is the default, and correctly formatted, value:

Code:
collectioncount.nonzero.format={0,plural,one{# item}other{# items}}
The error message indicates that you are using something like
Code:
collectioncount.nonzero.format={1...
... which is indeed wrong, and will indeed crash the program - as you noticed

Last edited by ixtab; 09-08-2013 at 08:25 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #647
adegir1952
Enthusiast
adegir1952 doesn't litteradegir1952 doesn't litter

Device: kindle touch
Hi Itxab:

Thank you very much.

I found the file location and I simply removed it.

CM works perfectly now.

You are fantastic!!!

Last edited by adegir1952; 09-08-2013 at 10:49 AM.
adegir1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #648
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Ixtab if you are still taking votes I much prefer no lines, I think it looks cleaner.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #649
Forbiqz
Forbiqz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello and thank you for a very nice program!

I have a slight problem, I suddenly started getting an annoying null pointer ex., whenever I try starting the manager.

I have tried to restart and uninstall and reinstalling the kindlet-jailbreak so far but I still get the error.

However, the menu still shows, and I just attempted to import collections from Calibre and even though I have no GUI it actually worked. (I waited an ample amount of time before going back to the home screen.

Further info, jailbreaked Kindle Paperwhite. Jailbreak on 3.5.1 and later updated to 3.5.5. Everything worked yesterday and I can't recall doing anything weird apart from reading since then.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks ... again =P

[10/9/13 2:05 PM] Collections Manager (v. 2.4.1)

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet.showAndQuit(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet.initUiAfterSplash(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.catalog.Collection.getEntries(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.ui.BrowsePanel.setCollection(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.ui.BrowsePanel.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.init(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet.initUiAfterSplash(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionsManagerKindlet$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

Last edited by twobob; 10-10-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Forbiqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #650
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Forbiqz: Thanks for the report. I'm completely clueless as to what could be causing this. Actually, AFAICT, there isn't even anything in that method which could be causing an NPE... Is what you posted the complete stacktrace, or does it continue? If it continues further on, please post the complete stack trace - otherwise, just let me know.
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #651
teefix
teefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheese

Device: PW
Cannot display what is in the collection

First thanx for collection manager. I used it now for a certain period of time and it works very well when synching collections from calibre.

When I try to use to manage collections on the kindle everything is working great except I cannot see what books are inside a collection...

I've attached a picture: In the collection "Codex Alera" there are 6 books. If I want to delete one out of the collection, how can I make the plugin showing the books in the collection...

Maybe I'm too stupid :-( I read the whole thread but no one else seems to have that problem.

I'm using a PW, FW 5.3.6

Could you give me a hint please?

thanx in advance
teefix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	614.0 KB
ID:	113123  

Last edited by teefix; 10-11-2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: added kindle details
teefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #652
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefix View Post
First thanx for collection manager. I used it now for a certain period of time and it works very well when synching collections from calibre.

When I try to use to manage collections on the kindle everything is working great except I cannot see what books are inside a collection...

I've attached a picture: In the collection "Codex Alera" there are 6 books. If I want to delete one out of the collection, how can I make the plugin showing the books in the collection...

Maybe I'm too stupid :-( I read the whole thread but no one else seems to have that problem.

I'm using a PW, FW 5.3.6

Could you give me a hint please?

thanx in advance
teefix
Check the options in the menu... Do you have the "Display collections only" and "Limit filters to the lower pane" options checked?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #653
teefix
teefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheeseteefix can extract oil from cheese

Hello Ixtab

Both is activated. something wrong with this?

thanx
teefix
Old 10-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #654
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Hello Ixtab

Both is activated. something wrong with this?

thanx
teefix
Errmm... no, nothing "wrong" - except that by using these settings, you have explicitly told CM to not show books in the lower panel... which is why you don't see any books in the lower panel

Try disabling the "show collections only" setting...

PS: im ersten Post (unter "Localization") ist auch kurz beschrieben, wie Du die Oberfläche auf Deutsch umstellen kannst.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #655
teefix

Danke für die Antwort. Der Tip mit dem Filter hat geholfen :-)
Leider muss ich jetzt meine Sammlungen unter 600 Büchern raussuchen...

Gibts da auch eine Lösung?
Danke
teefix
Old 10-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #656
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Danke für die Antwort. Der Tip mit dem Filter hat geholfen :-)
Leider muss ich jetzt meine Sammlungen unter 600 Büchern raussuchen...

Gibts da auch eine Lösung?
Danke
teefix
Please post the "important" stuff in english so that others can understand too

Unfortunately, I can't really think of a one-size-fits-all solution... the best way to quickly navigate is probably by using the "show collections only" filter to get to the collection of choice, and once you're there, to disable the filter again.

I'll think about it some more - one possibility might be to use up- or down-swiping to "synchronize" the two panes. Like, "swipe up" -> the upper pane will also show the collection currently shown in the lower pane. This way, one could use the lower pane to navigate collections, then swipe up to show the books in that collection in the upper pane. Not sure yet how useful this is, or how to implement it, but as said I'll think about it. Just don't hold your breath, it may well take a couple of weeks.

As always, feedback is welcome
Old 10-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #657
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Ixtab, I hesitate to ask for more but.......
If you are doing an upgrade is there any chance of a different sort for the upper and lower panes?
One by author and the other by last access would be really good. But if not, its still awesome!
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #658
teefix

Hey ixtab

thank you for your answer. I'll do it as you supposed. That diesen't sound too bad :-)

Again, I really appreciate the work you have done with that plugin!!!

teefix
Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #659
sobbak
sobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheesesobbak can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Not seeing the Collections Manager

I did the jailbreak using Kubrick and then downloaded and installed the Kindlet Jailbreak and Developer Certificates Bundle but when I put the CollectionsManager.azw2 in my documents folder I don't see it on the book list. I tried sorting by title then by recent to see if it needed to refresh and have rebooted the kindle. Not sure why I don't see it. Any Ideas?

FW version is 5.3.7
Kindle Touch

I found it now. I switched from All items to Active Content and it showed up.

Nevermind now.

Last edited by sobbak; 10-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.
sobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #660
zackadelic
zackadelic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Paperwhite 1: fw 5.3.8.1

Could you make it compatible with 5.3.8.1 firmware for PW1?
zackadelic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks