Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
Image remaining on Glo - help!

I have had my Glo for a month and loved it.

It has just stuck with half an image from a book cover on it. Tried reset and factory reset ( very difficult when you can't see the whole image!).

Has anybody any ideas before I return this?

Many thanks
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Moody View Post
I have had my Glo for a month and loved it.

It has just stuck with half an image from a book cover on it. Tried reset and factory reset ( very difficult when you can't see the whole image!).

Has anybody any ideas before I return this?

Many thanks
Before resetting, be sure it's OFF! Slide the power-button, and hold it for about 10-15 seconds. After that, try reset. After that, if not helpful, make sure again it is off, and try factory-reset.

If all's not helpfull, maybe the screen is broken, or something else is broke, and you could try maken use of warranty.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Thank you

I have done all that - and sadly not working.

I have taken it back to W H Smith who wouldn't replace it - at 7 weeks old it is outside their 28 day automatic replacement plan. So it has been sent back to Kobo - I can expect a new Kobo in due course....... I'll let you know when.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Good luck with that. From what you're describing and without pictures it sounds like you have a broken substrate (screen). Technically it likely wouldn't be covered under warranty.
When you get your new one you'll want to be careful with it. From what I've seen most of the screen breakage of this sort is due to twisting/bending of the frame of the device, which a cover may or may not protect against. This is especially true if you carry it in a briefcase or knapsack. It also may not show up immediately but at some point later. Search the forum here if you want more details or pics of the substrate (extremely thin glass plate that the e-ink uses).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Richard Moody
Connoisseur

Thank you for that. Missing it already.

I only carry it from my bed to my chair! It happened when I had just synced it with calibre, so who knows. Will report back when I get replacement.
Advert