Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Hugo & Lefty's Secret Life?

So it's nearly festival time here in Edinburgh, and I've been trawling through the programme's to do some forward planning.

Imagine, then, my amazement at coming across the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre - it states it showcases the Earth's funniest socks so surely Hugo and Lefty must be involved somewhere? Or is action / adventure more their bag?

(and if it is them, who do I ask for complimentary tickets / autographs?)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Wow! Do you think you coul bring me back an autograph? And are you sure you can risk being in their presence? I would be so star struck I'd faint!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well that certainly explains a lot ! the lengthy absences, the strange mutterings of random bits of text (must have been learning their lines), the sunglasses worn at all hours of the day and night (stars... )...

i won't be able to make it to scotland to see them perform so please take some photos !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Mindy, you're back! I haven't seen one of your posts in months...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First e-books. Now the stage. Next, Cinema?

Sniff, they won;t even remember Red....
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
This would have been appropriate on another thread too.

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
OMG - that's hilarious!!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i've just been watching this :

and i litterally can barely see to type, from the tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 AM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
So it's nearly festival time here in Edinburgh, and I've been trawling through the programme's to do some forward planning.

Imagine, then, my amazement at coming across the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre - it states it showcases the Earth's funniest socks so surely Hugo and Lefty must be involved somewhere? Or is action / adventure more their bag?

(and if it is them, who do I ask for complimentary tickets / autographs?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
This would have been appropriate on another thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've just been watching this :

and i litterally can barely see to type, from the tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks.
Very funny sock puppets!

Mindy, it should be fun to see these socks in action! Would be great if you could get photos and report back how it goes.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

I can see it now...Hugo and lefty having a discussion on whether they should use the work liseuse for e-book readers (ending with the the metallic words Exterminate! Exterminate! in the background....
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #11
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I can see it now...Hugo and lefty having a discussion on whether they should use the work liseuse for e-book readers (ending with the the metallic words Exterminate! Exterminate! in the background....
perfect!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I'm pretty sure it must be Hugo & Lefty;
Quote:
with more new songs, sketches, socks and violence

OMG, now this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mD07rLPzNk&feature

is proof positive. I am absolutely sure that, if this isn't Lefty singing, the song was certainly written by him. (This video is also proof that sock puppets can play the piano after even if they couldn't before.)

Last edited by NormHart; 06-21-2010 at 12:45 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #13
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I'm pretty sure it must be Hugo & Lefty;

OMG, now this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mD07rLPzNk&feature

is proof positive. I am absolutely sure that, if this isn't Lefty singing, the song was certainly written by him. (This video is also proof that sock puppets can play the piano after even if they couldn't before.)
Norm, that clip was so hilarious. Really liked how his eyes bobbled around. Lyrics made me laugh.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Norm, that clip was so hilarious. Really liked how his eyes bobbled around. Lyrics made me laugh.
Yup, its that old male bonding thing. It is all about men's love/hate relationships with their pals and brothers. Lefty goes along with Hugo's wacky plans but underneath there is this whole thing going on, I am sure.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Or this ! - definitely could have gone into another thread .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote