Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Akumag2
Enthusiast
Akumag2 began at the beginning.

pdf splitter

I downloaded an ebook in pdf format and was going to use calibre to change it to lrf format, but i realized that my book is actually 5 books combined into one un-editable file.
Does anyone know of a way to split a pdf so I can have 5 separate files that I can later convert?

Thanks
Akumag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Personally, I would use Acrobat to do this, but if you don't have the Full version of Acrobat, and want something free, you could use pdftk.

Last edited by frabjous; 03-09-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typo
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Akumag2
Enthusiast

I actually do have adobe writer but dont see how to do it, I'll give that link a try though, thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Akumag2
Enthusiast

hmm, maybe its just me but i double click the exe downloaded from that link and nothing happens?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've never heard of a program called "Adobe Writer" (and don't whether or not it is different than Acrobat), but with Acrobat Pro 9, you just load the document then go to Document > Split Document.

If the thing you have works as a pseudo-printer (like Acrobat Distiller, e.g.), you could also just send the appropriate page ranges to it separately as if you were just printing those page ranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumag2 View Post
hmm, maybe its just me but i double click the exe downloaded from that link and nothing happens?
Does a black box flash then disappear? You need to run it from a DOS Prompt. Read the .html readme that comes with it.

Last edited by frabjous; 03-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert