Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
The Sony DPTS1 : perfect for my MSSQL and technical books

I've been a forum members for many years now. Used and bought several tables and eink readers, always struggling to find the best reader for my technical books. 6" readers were too small. Kindle DX born dead, basically. So my "winning" combo during past 2 or 3 years was a PaperWhite and an iPad air; one allows me to read non fiction books and the iPad with a PDF oriented app, handle my MSSQL and technical books.

Finally I bite the bullet and Wed I ordered the Sony DPTS1 via Amazon, 800 bucks. Today has been roughly 12 hrs since it arrived and I can't be happier! Yes, expensive, but perfect size for my technical books.

Still learning how to use the UI, but once done, I certainly will write a short personal review giving my impressions, the god and the bad.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just love this thing!

I've been using it for several days now and it's the best reader I've had for PDFs; beats the ipad Air hands down. It is so light and comfortable with decent speed for page turns. It is the perfect size for PDF documents. And I can't believe how light this thing is.
Advert
Old 06-22-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Too bad -> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275461
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #4
umeshg
Connoisseur
umeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texanumeshg might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Sony DPTS-1
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tml#searchOpen
umeshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I don't think its been discontinued. But there may be a new model coming!
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline

Well, I am happy with mine!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:55 PM   #7
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
The price went down to 600 at one stage but now back to 800 . Aargh
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #8
trugnthu
trugnthu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by teotjunk View Post
The price went down to 600 at one stage but now back to 800 . Aargh
I'm lucky when i have bought one with price 600$ at amazon. Ii have good experience and enjoy now.
trugnthu is offline   Reply With Quote