Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #46
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vava View Post
Hi ! I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the avertissement display on the screen when I launch the webBrowser without WiFi ?
Thanks for your work.
I don't have an ad supported kindle so I don't know, but I'd rather recommend upgrading to ad free instead of trying to find a way around it
PaulFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #47
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hi ! I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the avertissement display on the screen when I launch the webBrowser without WiFi ?
Thanks for your work.
Contact Amazon customer service and have the SO (special offers) feature removed.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200942
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
Vava
Vava began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite
I'm not sure we are speaking about the same thing. The Kindle only ask if I want to enable the WiFi, it doesn't propose any specials offers (I do not have the 3G). If I'm wrong, apologies and thanks for your response.

Last edited by Vava; 05-28-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Vava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #49
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
I'm not sure we are speaking about the same thing. The Kindle only ask if I want to enable the WiFi, it doesn't propose any specials offers (I do not have the 3G). If I'm wrong, apologies and thanks for your response.
You spoke about "the avertissement" which means a commercial so we weren't talking about the same thing.

I'm not sure if this is triggered by the browser because you don't have internet or by Weblaunch because the enableWireless switch is on. If you don't want WebLaunch to enable WiFi just change the value "enableWireless" to false in your settings.js file.
If it comes from the browser it could be the setting
PHP Code:
<kindle:setting name="internetRequired" value="yes"/> 
in the file bin/config.xml that has to be changed to no.

Would be nice to hear back from you about this.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #50
Vava
Vava began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite
Sorry about the misunderstanding, I forgot that it's not the same meaning than in french.
I already had this configuration, I would not have many time until Friday but after I will take a look at it.
Vava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #51
rospo84
rospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to beholdrospo84 is a marvel to behold

Hi, i make a copy of your extension, i renamed it, i renamed the menu and also the start.sh: now it open Gmail. But if i duplicate it, and make the same thing for another webapp, it always open gmail. Any advise?
rospo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #52
farfeduc
Kindle Addict
farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
you didn't modified the app name into the app config/html files.

Watch the files to change the copied app name (it register the same name when launched.)

Hope it helps.
farfeduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #53
Hades77
Hades77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi
Hej there,

thanks for your project, which is actually exactly what I was looking for...
However, I have a problem, I hope you could help me with.

I was trying to install WebLaunch on my PW2, i.e. copied it to the extensions folder and renamed the settings.example.js to settings.js - I did no individualizations so far, just for testing it works. WebLaunch is visible in KUAL -like every other extension.

However if I try to launch WebLaunch from within KUAL I get the following error:
"Application error - The selected Application could not be started. Please try again".
In German (my Kindle is german) the error message is:
"Softwarefehler - Die ausgewählte Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden. Bitte versuchen Sie es erneut"

Hope anyone could help - or I could help analyze the problem. However I have small linux and no Kindle programming experience.

Hades.
Hades77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 AM   #54
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Rough guess: They changed some of the javascript on the PW2.

The project is well documented and on github but it would take someone with a PW2 to assist you. Perhaps some kind soul will drag this forward to that platform one day.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #55
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Take a look at Komic thread. I have the same problem. Basically, they changed the way WAFs (mesquites) are "installed"!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #56
Hades77

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Take a look at Komic thread. I have the same problem. Basically, they changed the way WAFs (mesquites) are "installed"!!
Thank's for the hint. I had a look at your thread and tried to find out what you changed in Axxx's appreg.db, however I was not able to. For now I don't even understand what WAF or mesquite is. But I'm learning as I have my PW2 only since 5 days.

I think I'll wait until you update the installation of Komic and then try to find out what you've changed to fit the new needs of the PW2...

Maybe PaulFreund is also willing to update WebLaunch - I would be happy to help with my PW2 (and I do have ssh).

Hades.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #57
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just open appreg.db and take a look to how com.lab126.browser is installed.
I'll write down the solution asap!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #58
Hades77

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Just open appreg.db and take a look to how com.lab126.browser is installed.
I'll write down the solution asap!
OK. I had a deeper look inside the appreg.db (this time with a sqlite editor) and have found out what you changed. I therefore modified the /mnt/us/extensions/WenLaunch/bin/start.sh, so that the correct registration entries are set. And the application starts without error!!!

However I only see a blank screen instead of the webpage it should display. And I can't stop/leave the app either...

Hades.
Attached Files
File Type: txt start.sh.txt (3.2 KB, 333 views)
Old 02-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #59
silver18
THE NOOB

PW2 and mesquite are a nice couple! I still have to find out why komic crashes sometimes...so, I really can't help you here!
(It would be nice if a PW2 owner could join the mesquite development)!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #60
PaulFreund

Hi all again. I'd gladly help you with this but since I don't have a PW2 somebody else has to get their hands dirty. I'd of course like to have one but I can't just ignore my perfectly working KT^^.

Tags
launcher add-ons, mesquite, webapp