Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
kanigetts
kanigetts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Windows 8 permission issues

I have Calibre running it's latest version on both a Windows 7 (32 bit Ultimate) and a Windows 8 (64 Bit Home) environments. It runs differently in each. In the Windows 7 environment, everything seems to work as designed while in Windows 8, running Calibre as Administrator will allow some things and disallow others.

As Admin I can't: Drag and Drop books in main window or Metadata window though adding through the add books icon works fine.

As Non Admin I can't: use the Calibre reader - Error 5 Access denied; Download covers - Access denied;

Although I can do most of what I want when running as Administrator, Drag and Drop is the primary way I add books. I'd like to know if there is anyone out there who is having similar difficulties or anyone who is using Windows 8 without these problems.
kanigetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
kanigetts

Am I the only person running Windows 8? If someone could please respond so I can figure out if this is a problem with Windows 8 and Calibre or just some settings on my particular computer, I would greatly appreciate it.
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
tuskin
Enthusiast
tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tuskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, Surface 3
No problem here

Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit. Yes, I can Drag and Drop books as administrator.
tuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanigetts View Post
...or anyone who is using Windows 8 without these problems.
I am using Windows 8 (64 bit & 32 bit) on several machines and do not have those problems.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
kanigetts

Thanks for the response, it must be in my Windows 8 settings somewhere. I'll post if I figure it out.
Advert