Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
ryooih
ryooih began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Shutting down problem / plz help me!

Hello, I'm t1 user in Korea.
I have a shutting down problem with t1.
I rooted t1 yesterday, but when i try to shut down the device, it shows an infinite rotation of shutting down arrow logo. So, i did hard reset and rescue set but it wasn't fixed. Please help me!
ryooih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
ebokido
ebokido began at the beginning.

Device: T1
I'm from Poland and I've the same problem. Any ideas?
ebokido is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
I have the same problem also, when I shutdown my PRS-T1, it never ending. Every time I want to restart, I must push the reset button and turn it on. Turn on after reset is ok, T1 can functional normally but the problem appear again if I want to turn it off. Please someone help us.

I have done micro sd recovery and try the factory reset many times, the problem still persist.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried removing all the content and trying a shutdown? maybe one of the eBooks is causing the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I think this guy managed to resolve this issue: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169543

There are many suggestions in that thread - please try them!
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you uboot, yes that thread is the same problem like this thread. Do hope this problem can solved.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Anybody noticed or tryed this:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...69_Y0FKebn-S7Q
scroll down to: Package PRS-T1_FIX_SHUTDOWN

??
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
It seems readily apparent that "rooting" is a bad idea.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
HANZ
HANZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
Thank you uboot, yes that thread is the same problem like this thread. Do hope this problem can solved.
Has it worked?

I have the same problem, but I'm waiting for my device to fully charge.
HANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
HANZ
HANZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
It seems readily apparent that "rooting" is a bad idea.
Yeah...

It was the first, and now the last time I am ever rooting a device.
HANZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
sucah
Connoisseur

Will try the the advices next week, I'll share the result. Thank you Mark Nord.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #12
papymey
papymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PRS-T1
Package PRS-T1_FIX_SHUTDOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Anybody noticed or tryed this:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...69_Y0FKebn-S7Q
scroll down to: Package PRS-T1_FIX_SHUTDOWN

??
Thanks Mark !
Yes it works for the shut down problem !. I have now to wait for the battery problem
papymey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
papymey
papymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipsepapymey can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PRS-T1
Shut own and battery problems

Re-thanks Mark
Battery problem is also solved !
papymey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
sucah
Connoisseur

Yes, after follow the instruction in Mark Nord suggestion, my T1 can shutdown properly.