Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #331
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
above: studying=studying for children not for adults. The adults have different needs
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #332
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Don't worry: Yesterday I bought a good lamp :-)
I never thought studing in the dark
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #333
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
above: studying=studying for children not for adults. The adults have different needs
I'm 37 years old. I'm a worker. I think I'm not a child.... even I study! not at school but for my job and for the pleasure of knowing new things. Don't be so sure your needs are universal
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #334
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
The adults have different needs=it is referring to adults who are learning.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #335
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Personally, I'd prefer the color went away and we had a 1600x1200 resolution eink screen only.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #336
mod186k1
Addict

The resolution in JBC alrady is 1200x1600
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #337
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
If the color went away, the only thing changing would be the grey-ish background.
I have read from Sony PRS-505,and the regular Jetbook/jetbook mini,and one of the cons I thought would be really bad, was like with the early palmtops, a grey backgroud would be hardly readable; however I find on the Jetbook/Jetbook mini, that the grey background they have is perfectly readable.
The grey background on the JB/JB-mini only poses problems when reading with a night light of less than 1W LED or 25W incandescent light bulb.
Any more,and they are just as readable as a pearl e-ink screen or paper!

The JBC has considerably darker background, but I'll review it when it arrives @ my door!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #338
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
The resolution in JBC alrady is 1200x1600
And the triton overlay makes it 600x800. No thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #339
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no wolf you misunderstand how the overlay is used. see some of the other discussion with the microscope pictures for more clarification.

but you can get the hanvon version without color right now if you are in china Hanvon E920

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 02-27-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #340
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wondered when you'd appear with your favourite snippet of "information". Now I know you're deliberately lying, not just misinformed. Thanks for clarifying that.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #341
mod186k1
Addict

Quote:
You are no the first person who is misleaded. I suggest you to read the topic by Andy review like this (paper vs Triton):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=16

comparing with:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...03&postcount=4

The resolution is 1200x1600. You may have a lower resolution in some region if there is a pixel whose color is mapped in a particular tone of Red or in particular Green or in particular Blue (the mapped color has to match exactly width the one of triton filter RGB) but as you can see the probability are very low
That is the idea I have after looking at thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170210

and beacuse in all the test I ever see a very high resolution!

Even I tested in this forum (but I don't remember where) an real 600x800 image with my PRS-650 and the result has nothing what JBC show with its triton display! I suggest to see also the thread Jetbook Color vs iPad:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167778

I hope this help you

AM

Last edited by mod186k1; 02-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #342
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
It's very easy. Every pixel, Red, Green and Blue, as well as the fourth one, white, can be turned open (full color) or closed (black).

In black resolution, (since it does not matter if a pixel is red or white, when in closed position,it'll always look black), there are 1200x1600 pixels.

Because all 4 pixels can turn black though, but not all pixels can turn red, green, or blue!
So in color and white there are only 800x600 pixels.

I elaborated on it on some other thread, forgot where...

So in some way's you're right. But the majority of text even red or blue text will be interpolated with the white pixel...

Tests have been made and it gives a much clearer image than an 800x600 screen!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #343
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
and each sub-pixel can also have shades of grey behind it
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #344
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyRight View Post
Well it looks like LuBiB is famous :-

Code:
http://laptoptabletpc.co.uk/ectaco-jetbook-color-ebook-reader/
Well done mate.

cheers

LeftyRight
Lol. I love being famous.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #345
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
and each sub-pixel can also have shades of grey behind it
I do not understand this statement. Each color can have shades of that color only, except of course when it is turned completely off and is black. The shades are color, not gray. The clear subpixel can have shades of gray.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review