Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Question 24 Hour-Clock in Kindle DXG Running 3.2.1

Hi,

I'm running 3.2.1 on my Kindle DX Graphite (with many thanks to those who made it possible). Is it possible to have the time displayed with the 24 hour-clock? Thanks!
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
On my Kindle 3, changing the default English locale (en-US.utf8) to a 24h locale, e.g. German (de-DE.utf8), in debug mode followed by a restart did the trick.

Code:
;debugOn
~changeLocale de-DE.utf8
;debugOff
I don't know if this works on the DXG, though. You may want to first enter the following to find out if ~changeLocale is among the supported shortcuts:

Code:
;debugOn
~help
;debugOff
All of these commands are case sensitive and need to entered in the search bar and confirmed by pressing the Enter key. You'll also need to restart the Kindle.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Thank you! It worked as described.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote