Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #16
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The Reader's Guide is also in the Bonus edition, as is an updated cover image.

Kobo's is not the bonus edition, contrary to the listing; Sony's is. B&N doesn't have it free.

Of course, both links were already provided in the earlier thread for this book.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The Reader's Guide is also in the Bonus edition, as is an updated cover image.

Kobo's is not the bonus edition, contrary to the listing; Sony's is. B&N doesn't have it free.

Of course, both links were already provided in the earlier thread for this book.
You're right again, koland. The "Reader's Guide" is in the Kindle edition at Amazon. I don't know how I missed it.

Odd that Kobo advertises the bonus edition, when it is not, and Sony doesn't advertise the bonus edition, when it is!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
You're right again, koland. The "Reader's Guide" is in the Kindle edition at Amazon. I don't know how I missed it.

Odd that Kobo advertises the bonus edition, when it is not, and Sony doesn't advertise the bonus edition, when it is!
I had to get customer service to intervene, since I had the older edition on my Kindle already. I grabbed the Kobo book, thinking I would just get it instead, but the bonus content wasn't included. An email to their support group got a standard "it's up the publisher, we'll look into it" response.

So, I now have two bonus editions (with Sony) and the original still at Kobo.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I grabbed it from Sony for my Nook last night. I've never read it, so I'm very much looking forward to it.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #20
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Now also free @ B&N. No idea if there's any bonus content involved in their edition.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #21
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
BooksOnBoard have joined the party with the free copy of Outlander which is the bonus edition.
Odd that its available for free in pdf, epub, lit and mobi. Can't be much use for lit and mobi these days.
Get it at:
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ook&BOOK=63679
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #22
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Alas, none of these editions, combinations or permutations applies in Canada.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #23
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
The free B&N edition has the bonus content. Now I have 2 copies w/o bonus content, and one with! Wheee!
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #24
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Free Book(nook)-Outlander

Someone posted this on the B&N message boards. Thought I would post a link here. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Out.../9780440335160
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #25
mopping five
Enthusiast
mopping five doesn't littermopping five doesn't litter

Device: nook
Oh, THAT Outlander!

Very cool.
mopping five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can a moderator please add Sony or Kobo to the thread title (or remove the device names)? I originally skipped over this thread because I don't have either a Kindle or Nook. Other people may be doing the same. When I noticed today in the Sony store that Outlander was available for free, I came here to post it and then found that this information was already available.
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia103 View Post
Can a moderator please add Sony or Kobo to the thread title (or remove the device names)? I originally skipped over this thread because I don't have either a Kindle or Nook. Other people may be doing the same. When I noticed today in the Sony store that Outlander was available for free, I came here to post it and then found that this information was already available.

Accomplished!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book, free, gabaldon, kindle