Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
jstadler
jstadler began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 2
Epub unreadable - black page

Hello,

I have a problem with EPUB file converted from DOCX. The DOCX file is OK, when I make the EPUB I get it with a black page and black font. If I put the page in block, I can see the font but no help in trying to change the epub settings. If I put the page yellow, I still remain with black center. Does somebody have an idea ? It has the same appearance both on IPad 2 and when openig the epub in the Calibre. See the pix below :

Appearance of the epub epub1.jpg
The same page in block epub2.jpg
The background and font settings of this file epub3.jpg

I have tried to recreate the epub several times with several versions of Calibre but no change. The cause must probably be in the DOCX file as I don't have the same probelm with other files, only with 4 of the same origin.
Thanks in advance for your help,

JS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub1.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	100619   Click image for larger version

Name:	epub2.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	100620   Click image for larger version

Name:	epub3.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	100621  
jstadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect the Body has the background set, which is why you see black after the paragraph ends.

Code:
background-color: black; /* or #000000 */
Use the Inspector built into the viewer to see
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
jstadler

Hello theducks, thanks, you are right. How can I cange that ? I have tried but it changes only one page and when I reopen the file it is black again.
JS
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstadler View Post
Hello theducks, thanks, you are right. How can I cange that ? I have tried but it changes only one page and when I reopen the file it is black again.
JS
If it is attached to a style, edit (it out of) the stylesheet.
Sigil makes this easy. Or you could use Tweak(EPUB), explode and use a NOTEPAD type editor. /*background-color: black; */ will comment-out the stuff between in a stylesheet
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
jstadler

Thanks a lot, I wiil try it during the weekend..
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
I have not tried this.

In Calibre, would placing background-color in convert books, look&feel, Filter Style Information, Other CSS properties work the same?

The good thing is the original epub is preserved.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote