Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
rodrigoccurvo
rodrigoccurvo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Unable to edit own post

Hi,

I registered yesterday and I can't find the Edit link in my own posts, so I don't know if I'm missing something or if it's some kind of restriction.

Is there any limitation (time, for example) on editing own posts for new users?

The FAQ says:

"If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum."

But I didn't see anywhere talking about some specific limitation for Edit. I saw some old posts mentioning restrictions, but none was about editing.

Regards,

Rodrigo
rodrigoccurvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hi Rodrigo, are you looking in the right place...bottom right corner next to the "Quote" button. I've just checked some of my old posts - going back several weeks - and am still seeing the Edit button.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
rodrigoccurvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Hi Rodrigo, are you looking in the right place...bottom right corner next to the "Quote" button. I've just checked some of my old posts - going back several weeks - and am still seeing the Edit button.
Yes, no Edit there. Just "Quote" and icons to "Multi Quote" and "Quick Reply".
Old 05-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's quite possible that this function unlocks after a certain number of posts. Maybe that's the case here?
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
rodrigoccurvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
It's quite possible that this function unlocks after a certain number of posts. Maybe that's the case here?
I considered the possibility, but I registered just to post the plugin I developed for Calibre and it didn't seem like a good idea to post a lot just to see if the option unlocked.

But now I'm stuck without being able to update the plugin.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Rodrigoccurvo, judging from this thread (beginning with post 9)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130625

this could be a general problem for the "newcomers". Maybe you can PM Dreams if she can help you.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
rodrigoccurvo

Solved, not sure what happened, but Dreams help me.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
<snip> Maybe you can PM Dreams if she can help you.
Thank you, Billi. I received a PM from rodrigoccurvo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoccurvo View Post
Solved, not sure what happened, but Dreams help me.
I'm glad, I was able to help.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote