Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
zzmijarevic
zzmijarevic began at the beginning.

Device: HTC HD2
Calibre 0.7.13 - Change library bug ?

Hi!

I've just installed Calibre 0.7.13. And I think I've found a bug (I've been able to reproduce it on two different machines).

If a user chooses to "Create an empty library at new location" in the "choose your calibre library" window, after clicking the "OK" button --> an error occurs:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: TypeError:my_abspath() takes at least 1 argument (0 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 82, in accept
TypeError: my_abspath() takes at least 1 argument (0 given)

Regards, ZZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_error.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	56295  
zzmijarevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah, typo will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, you can change libraries by running calibre from the command lie like this

calibre --with-library "c:\path\to\library"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I noticed the same thing and was getting ready to report it. Thanks for addressing this, Kovid, not to mention thanks for simplifying dealing with muliple libraries.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah, typo will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, you can change libraries by running calibre from the command lie like this

calibre --with-library "c:\path\to\library"
Hi Kovid
Just a newbi, no K3 yet,but preparing for my first eREADER.
Looking at new calibre version (0.7.13), and noticed the down-arrow on the Connect/Share button is small, at the buttom left instead as the other buttons.
Wish: Hotkeys for editing metadata ?
Great software, so cant complain. Keep up the good work.
Cheers Per

Last edited by pchrist7; 08-08-2010 at 03:40 AM.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Looking at new calibre version (0.7.13), and noticed the down-arrow on the Connect/Share button is small, at the buttom left instead as the other buttons.
It is the bottom right of the button, you are correct it is not in the center right and that button cosmetically is not like the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Wish: Hotkeys for editing metadata ?
E is the hot key for editing metadata. Highlight the book and press the "E" key.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
zzmijarevic

On the issue of changing library and buttons with dropdown menus -

How about making the "Change library" a dropdown menu?
I have a couple of "libraries" and it would be great if I could just click on the "library button" and a drop-down menu appears with the recent libraries shown.

As mentioned above - keep up the good work!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
zzmijarevic

BTW, other options in the "choose your calibre library" window also produce the same Type Error (see my orig. post).
Old 08-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Hi there

One of the members welcomed me to the forum when I joined and told me about Calibre. Its a wonderful program, and thank you for writing it.

I sent you $25 for a thank you.

I do have one question and obviously I am not a long time user, but why does it say it will erase my original files from my hard drive if I remove the list of added books from calibre? Right now I am doing a lot of converting of various file types, getting ready for my new kindle, but later on, I will want to use the library feature to keep track of my books. I have already cleared the add books once, but I didn't notice that it had erased anything.

By the way, is there anyway to see if a file has DRM on it?

Thanks again for a wonderful program
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre makes copies of you books when you add them. the delte message refers to the copy calibre creates. Your original files are not touched.

Simply try to view a file, if it has DRM calibre will complain.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Lianne
Nameless Being

I ran into this problem trying to create a new library today too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmijarevic View Post
On the issue of changing library and buttons with dropdown menus -

How about making the "Change library" a dropdown menu?
I have a couple of "libraries" and it would be great if I could just click on the "library button" and a drop-down menu appears with the recent libraries shown.

As mentioned above - keep up the good work!
Yes I agree a drop down is a great idea.

Also to be able to say right click on a book or select a few and then have an option to move them to a different library.