Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
lahonda_99
lahonda_99 began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak EZ Reader Pocket Pro 5"
EZ Reader 5" (LIT) Brackets/Squares

Firmware version: V2.02ASTAK.100320

First opening a .LIT file works fine and I can use all functions to read the book. After closing the book and trying to open again, either from the Recent Files listing or browsing through the index, the device freezes for many minutes. This happens with all .LIT files.

Each button press elicits a quick green light, but the device only responds to shut down commands (Hold power button). After a few minutes the following picture is displayed:

The entire .LIT file had been read and translated as square brackets ([]). I am on vacation and do not have easy access to the device memory. My first act will be to delete the hidden access files associated with the .LIT files that are now unreadable and see if the device can read them correctly again.

Has anyone experience with this issue? I searched this forum and Google, but did not find anything. If there is no solution I will just convert the .LIT to another eBook format.

=====
Thank you, theducks, I'll just convert when I get back home. Why ePUB and not HTML?

Last edited by lahonda_99; 06-07-2010 at 02:43 PM.
lahonda_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahonda_99 View Post
Firmware version: V2.02ASTAK.100320

First opening a .LIT file works fine and I can use all functions to read the book. After closing the book and trying to open again, either from the Recent Files listing or browsing through the index, the device freezes for many minutes. This happens with all .LIT files.

Each button press elicits a quick green light, but the device only responds to shut down commands (Hold power button). After a few minutes the following picture is displayed:

The entire .LIT file had been read and translated as square brackets ([]). I am on vacation and do not have easy access to the device memory. My first act will be to delete the hidden access files associated with the .LIT files that are now unreadable and see if the device can read them correctly again.

Has anyone experience with this issue? I searched this forum and Google, but did not find anything. If there is no solution I will just convert the .LIT to another eBook format.
I have never had good luck with LIT files if I let the device sleep/lock for longish periods. Reset seems the only recovery.

I use Calibre to convert my LIT files to EPUB with good results.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
ravis2002
ravis2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader 5
I haven't had much luck with .lit files either. Never got the [] thing but locked up a few times and often when I shut it off then start again in same book I'm at a different page than where I left off.
ravis2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravis2002 View Post
I haven't had much luck with .lit files either. Never got the [] thing but locked up a few times and often when I shut it off then start again in same book I'm at a different page than where I left off.
When you Power off or reset without exiting the book, you place never gets to be saved
LIT look good, but lack of reliable operation encouraged me to convert the files to EPUB.

Calibre does a good job with LIT to EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brackets, ez reader, freeze, squares