Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #31
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
The fact that the WSJ doesn't make sense to everyman is irrelevant. As the Yuga dude states, the content matters to some and they're willing to pay for it. Many rich people equate time with money, and if they had only a single paper to read each day, it would be the WSJ, not the NYT, or any of the papers based in/around Washington, D.C, or L.A. Clearly I have too much time on my hands and read other (online) sources, such as Reuters, Marketwatch, Yahoo, etc.

Now, let us return to the iPad and its synergies with the WSJ and (potential) trading applications. The iPad has a big mother of a screen. It is in color. With it I can tell the difference between the 50 day MA and the 200 day MA, and any other indicator I may overlay on a chart. Assuming that you can tie all of these features directly or indirectly with a brokerage web site (such as Fidelity), which can work in the context of Apple's browser, you have a killer mobile platform for the investor. Even if the individual does not travel that much, the fact that the iPad can be purchased with a 3G plan means that workers in a non-investment company can trade (intermittently) on a platform which does not tie up their company computers and network. Yes, admittedly the demographics for such an application are small, but you'd be surprised at how many people try to think up an excuse to buy a new gadget, to justify it to their spouse. My wife knows every excuse in the book, since I have used most of them and plan on using this one with the iPad (even though I ordered it without 3G)! We have 3 iPods in the house. Why not a single iPad? LOL.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote