Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Question Best Screen Protector?

Hello everyone!

I just got my silver Sony PRS-600 (so proud! ), but I don't want to use it much until I have a good protective layer on the screen. On my ipaq I have an old WriteRite plastic which I should really replace (), because I can clearly see where I use my stylus the most. Don't want this happening to my beautiful 600, at least not until I have a removable layer that keeps the "real" screen pristine!

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences to share??

Fi
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I would check your local Wal-Mart or Target. In the mp3 accessories section, there are screen protectors. I'm not sure if they are large enough (you generally cut them down for mp3s), but it's a suggestion.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
boca
Connoisseur
boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences to share??

Fi
Check out the invisibleshield.

I use it on my iPod Touch and on a tablet PC I own and it is very good. The touch screens well.
I cannot comment on the reader though.

The membrane semi-permanently adheres to the surface, but can be removed without marks on the screen if eventually you decide you do not need it anymore.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...rd=sony+reader

The only hesitancy for your use though, is that although the screen is clear, there is a slight texturing which does not bother me on the iPod or the PC, but on a device where high contrast is important, I do not know what the effect will be.
boca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
The WrapSol has a screen protector designed for the 600. I'd love to hear how well it works.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thank you Becca, boca, and polly!

I'll take a look at our local stores, but I am more interested in the "military grade" with "lifetime guarantee" products like Wrapsol and Zagg. I wonder how different they are?? Like polly, I would love to hear from someone who has one on a reader.

Hmmmmm. Well, another decision delayed!

P.S. Am I buying into the hype? Are the over-the-counter screen protectors just as good??

Fi

Last edited by Filark; 09-16-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: further thought . . . :)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Speaking as someone who had these on his PDA (InvisibleShield), I can say that they cut the glare remarkably due to the textured surface not reflecting light the way a smooth plastic screen tends to. They don't affect touch sensitivity on these non-capacitive screens at all... but as to the contrast, I can't say I noticed a difference with TFT LCD screens. Whether e-ink will be more affected by it, I can't properly say - the TFT's had backlighting, which probably helped compensate for anything that the screen protector did.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote