Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
mushroomyakuza
mushroomyakuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest

Does anyone know where I can this eBook in a format that the Sony Reader can handle? I've looked high and low, everywhere, all over and back again. Some people have told me to just get Calibre but I can't get it to work for some reason.
mushroomyakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I can't find it in anything but an audiobook, using both inkmesh and addall.

Plenty of Sony friendly versions of "The Girl Who Played with Fire" tho...
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Amazon seems to have its Kindle version here.
http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Kicked-Ho...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

It seems like it is not a Topaz format but you should check by downloading its sample first. If it is not Topaz format, you can buy it from Amazon using Kindle 4 PC, remove DRM, convert to epub or LRF using Calibre.

This requires Calibre so you may have to find a way to make Calibre working, though.

Last edited by soilwork; 01-18-2010 at 06:44 PM.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I see the problem. The Kindle version is "pre-order" for may 25, 2010, and the hardback is released May 24th. I imagine it will show up in Sony friendly versions... once the book is actually published.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Donna beat me to it, it's not out yet in America.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I think I see the problem. The Kindle version is "pre-order" for may 25, 2010, and the hardback is released May 24th. I imagine it will show up in Sony friendly versions... once the book is actually published.
Good catch!. I did not notice it when I found the link.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
It's available in the UK Kindle store, if you feel like changing/faking your location.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Do you have Calibre?

Give this a try. But you will need to convert Mobipocket into epub.

http://openbookdb.org/book/The%20Gir...20Larsson.html

Hope it helps.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #9
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
Give this a try. But you will need to convert Mobipocket into epub.

http://openbookdb.org/book/The%20Gir...20Larsson.html

Hope it helps.
Unfortunately, the link leads to pre-orders as well. And the Diesel links are all "sorry not found".

At least or US consumers.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
mushroomyakuza
mushroomyakuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I a few LIT versions over at demonoid and got my Calibre working - converted to ePub and works like a charm .
mushroomyakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #11
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomyakuza View Post
I a few LIT versions over at demonoid and got my Calibre working - converted to ePub and works like a charm .

Well, I am certain you will pay for a copy when it is released in the US, so Larsson will be encouraged to write another.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Well, I am certain you will pay for a copy when it is released in the US, so Larsson will be encouraged to write another.
Mr Larsson is unlikely to be encouraged by anything short of reanimation to write anything else:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stieg_Larsson

"Karl Stig-Erland Larsson (15 August 1954 – 9 November 2004)..."
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Marc, Marc, Marc.... you are not buying that "He's dead" nonsense!

Quote:
Larsson died in Stockholm at the age of 50 of a massive heart attack. Rumours that his death was in some way suspicious, because of death threats received as editor of Expo, have been denied.
How terribly naive.

And even is he is dead, there is nothing like the attraction of a few dollars to animate a corpse. Just look at the Rolling Stones. Keith Richards has been dead for 20 years, and there he is, banging out the same riffs for just a bit more filthy lucre.

'Nuff said!

.... er, other than that I had no idea Larsson was dead, and I feel like an ass now.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Marc, Marc, Marc.... you are not buying that "He's dead" nonsense!
I'll buy anything low.

Quote:

.... er, other than that I had no idea Larsson was dead, and I feel like an ass now.
You fill like an ass? Coz baby got back...

Incidentally, I've bought the first Larsson book (which is part of the reason I know he's pining for the fjords) but have yet to read it. It's a sneaker, in that it'll sneak up the TBR pile, into the top levels, for earlier perusal.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #15
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Damn... Not only do I feel like an ass... I'm hungry!

Last edited by Donnageddon; 01-20-2010 at 02:41 AM.