Old 04-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Indigo Ink
The curious one!
Indigo Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook, Ebookman 901
Lets Just say...

So was the title catchy...

Hi everyone

Well, I have been lurking around for a month now and was thinking that I would join once I have an e-ink device. But with forum like this one it's hard to resist. Besides, thanks, to the mouth watering info posted on the forum (about the possible release of larger, cheaper readers being available later in the year) I have decided to wait.
Also being in India, none of these readers are available to me and thus it would be a while (after I decide which one I want) I could get my brother, who is in the US, to get one for me.

This does not mean that I am new to the e-readers as such. As you can see from my profile, I have an ebookman, which is a lcd 5 inch reader that supports .prc. The only problem is that it runs on 2 AAA batteries, has a lcd screen and thus runs out of battery pretty fast - which is a pain and makes the reader "expensive". If you leave it without the battery the contents including the OS are wiped off which means you need to sync it everytime you want to use it. As a result I use it much less than I would like to use it.
Anyone else has any experience with ebookman?

cheers

Indigo
Indigo Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, Indigo Ink!

I don't have any experience with the ebookman, but I do remember seeing them in stores.

Have you looked at the Cybook? I was under the impression that they shipped world-wide, but perhaps I'm mistaken there.

You may still be able to get one through NAEB, even if Cybook won't ship to you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, this is the proper link to NAEB's storefront: http://store.naebllc.com/
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Indigo Ink!

I don't have any experience with the ebookman, but I do remember seeing them in stores.

Have you looked at the Cybook? I was under the impression that they shipped world-wide, but perhaps I'm mistaken there.

You may still be able to get one through NAEB, even if Cybook won't ship to you.
Thanks NatCh!

Yes 'import by mail' route is always open, that is, in theory. But I have a mortifying fear of the Customs department and the import duties and procedures they impose on things electronic that come by post. So I prefer 'in person' imports. And since I am waiting for the new products to appear before I take the plunge sadly its wait, wait and more wait for the time being.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ah, yes, I see your dilemma.

A word on waiting: past experience suggests that new e-ink devices don't launch "on schedule" so you may have a longer wait than you're expecting right now, just so you're aware.
Advert
Old 04-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #6
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Ah, yes, I see your dilemma.

A word on waiting: past experience suggests that new e-ink devices don't launch "on schedule" so you may have a longer wait than you're expecting right now, just so you're aware.
Will wait patiently till I hope

After that I can't promise
Old 04-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

They might be out by then.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Indigo and welcome to the Forum. The wait for an ebook reader may be worth it. I was all set to splurge on a Sony 500 back in June of 07 but for a variety of reasons had to hold off. Then the 505 came out and I got one in January and it was worth the wait.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #9
Indigo Ink
The curious one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Indigo and welcome to the Forum. The wait for an ebook reader may be worth it. I was all set to splurge on a Sony 500 back in June of 07 but for a variety of reasons had to hold off. Then the 505 came out and I got one in January and it was worth the wait.
Shall follow your example!! because I really like your signature line