Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
sending CBR/CBZ to ereader device fails with Nook HD+

Hi

I am trying to send bunch of cbr files to my Nook HD+ that connects wirelessly via Calibre Sync app on Adnroid to Calibre Wireless server. But calibre seems to send them as epub. I enabled customized the device plugins of Nook,Nook color and Android ones to accept cbr. However I suspect that neither of these interfaces are reconized as the right device driver. So I assume it must be some wireless device that I cannot find it here.

any suggestions?

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the device icon in the calibre toolbar and select configure this device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS

In Calibre Companion, try going to Preferences | Book Formats and Folders and ensure that cbr / cbz are enabled.

Never mind!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click on the device icon in the calibre toolbar and select configure this device.
Thanks, however this is no use to me? It does not seem like there is a way to disable auto cbr conversion in that menu? I just want to sendcbr as a cbr.

thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Thanks, however this is no use to me? It does not seem like there is a way to disable auto cbr conversion in that menu? I just want to sendcbr as a cbr.

thanks
Is cbr ticked as a being a valid option for that device. The fact that you are getting auto-conversion suggests that it is not
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
khahoon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Is cbr ticked as a being a valid option for that device. The fact that you are getting auto-conversion suggests that it is not
Well as I mentioned, I am using it through the wireless connection. I tried to tick all the cbr options under device plugins (Nook, Nook Color, Android etc) but none seemed to do the trick with the device over the wireless server.

In the wireless device config it shows up as HDPlus but there is no HDPlus listed in the device plugins.

thanks

Last edited by khahoon; 06-30-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
When connecting as a wireless device it is up to the device to tell calibre what formats the device can accept and in what priority. If calibre sync doesn't let you set that up then you must contact its developer to get the option added. Alternatively switch to calibre companion, which already offers this possibility.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote