Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Adding a "Read" column

I am slowly finding my around Calibre and somehow I have added a "Read" column, but I can't see how I tick the relevant read book?.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I am slowly finding my around Calibre and somehow I have added a "Read" column, but I can't see how I tick the relevant read book?.
If you are default (no user Tweaks) Calibre;
Double click the in column at the book you want to change (it should show up), tap Y or N (Y is the tick)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you are default (no user Tweaks) Calibre;
Double click the in column at the book you want to change (it should show up), tap Y or N (Y is the tick)
No that didn't work. That only brings up the book to read within Calibre.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Try single click or you can edit it in the edit metadata screen

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
My bad I DO have the 'do_nothing' tweak (because I got tired of always accidentally launching the Viewer.). I have to press F2 to edit.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
You don't actually want a double click, you want two clicks with a slight hesitation between. Click once on the line for the book you want to edit, wait a fraction of a second, click again on the same line under the Read column and you should be able to edit. Click one more time on the box that opens up and the Y and N options should show up for you to select.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Nicko
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
You don't actually want a double click, you want two clicks with a slight hesitation between. Click once on the line for the book you want to edit, wait a fraction of a second, click again on the same line under the Read column and you should be able to edit. Click one more time on the box that opens up and the Y and N options should show up for you to select.
Many thanks. I had tried everything except your suggestiion which worked. It is simple when you know how eh?.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Many thanks. I had tried everything except your suggestiion which worked. It is simple when you know how eh?.
You're welcome. The experts forget that us neophytes need explicit instructions.

A friend had to walk me through how to get the edit box to open up in the library view, after I'd been using the damn program for 6 months. Using the metadata edit tab does work, but this is easier for a quick change.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Don't forget there is also a tweak for editing which will make clicking to edit easy
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Nicko
Groupie

Thanks transmitthis, I will look for it.