Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
Smile [FIXED] sideloading or syncing: dropsync?

Easy, to sync the ebooks just sync the /extsd/Sony_Reader/media/books folder. It took me a bit to find this out, so I'm leaving this here as reference for others.

Quote:
I've just bought a PRS-T1, I've rooted it and I've installed dropsync. I have a bunch of drm-less epub files that I'd like to sync to it, but I can't get it to work. I'd like to have a local directory where I can dump my ebooks and have them synced automatically to the PRS-T1. Is it even possible? How do you guys do it?

Here's what I tried:
- Sync the external sd directory and just get the books copied there.
- Sync the Sony_Reader directory and copy the books there.
- Sync the Sony_Reader/ebooks directory and copy the books there.
- Sync the external sd directory, have calibre treat the local directory as a device (I told it it was a Sony reader) and use the "send to device" functionality (in case it needs to update the database, I don't know).

In all cases, sd card in the reader gets updated, but the Sony ereader software just ignores the books.

If I use dropbox and open the ebook files manually with the reader application in the ereader, it works, but I'd like to avoid this manual step.

I searched around in the forum but I couldn't find an answer. I hope I'm not askind an already answered question

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by grimborg; 01-07-2012 at 05:24 PM.
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sideload, sync