Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #61
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgtu View Post
In another thread, noticed someone having this problem with Kindle Touch also, but the partial workaround suggested there doesn't seem to work with Fire.
If your referring to the post by TonytheBookworm then you are comparing apples to oranges. The other thread talked about emailing the item to the Touch. TonytheBookworm is referring to the calibre content server and downloading the book via the web interface.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157745
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #63
mkgtu
Zealot
mkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolatemkgtu is generous with chocolate

Device: Currently:Voyage, Oasis 3, Kindle mobile apps, andKindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If your referring to the post by TonytheBookworm then you are comparing apples to oranges. The other thread talked about emailing the item to the Touch. TonytheBookworm is referring to the calibre content server and downloading the book via the web interface.
Sorry, I should have been more specific about the other thread. It's the one from SeaMonkey, regarding the "sections/articles" navigation tools on the Kindle Touch.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157664

TonytheBookworm's post had to do with "books" per se. There is no issue here with "books"; it's just that "periodicals" also transfer as "books" and are not recognized by the Kindle Fire or Touch as "periodicals", and are therefore missing all the proper navigational tools. You would have to browse the New York Times by going through every article page by page, as if you were reading a book.
mkgtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #64
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thank you Kovid! I just connected up ... recognized my Kindle Fire ... converted and transferred my Science Daily news download!

Happy man here. Money on the way!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #66
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I updated my Calibre this morning and added the email address of my Kindle to the configuration. So far, everything seems to be working as expected.

I have a question. I see there is a new device type for the Fire in the setup wizard, but I do not see a place to associate the device driver with the email address. How does calibre know which format to send to each device?

Right now, I have Kindle 1,2,3,4 selected.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #67
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You set up the formats allowed for each email address. It is one of the fields you have to specify when setting up an email address.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #68
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
OK. I'm completely new to this. I copied the formats from my Kindle to the Fire when I set up the second address. This was a mistake, right?

I have Calibre formatting a bunch of papers and magazines to my devices.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #69
DPR
DPR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Is there a way to determine the PID on the Fire? None of the plug-ins seem to recognize the serial number, so I'm trying to determine what the PID is.
DPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #70
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPR View Post
Is there a way to determine the PID on the Fire? None of the plug-ins seem to recognize the serial number, so I'm trying to determine what the PID is.
The plugin I THINK you're talking about works just fine with my Fire's serial # -- I just tested it to be sure. Insofar as I know, PID isn't used anymore, just the serial is. I could be wrong.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #71
noSilicon
noSilicon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Serial Number to PID

The SS# conversion to PID does not function on the Fire (Yes it works on the 3). Does anyone have an idea where to 'see' the PID or a mod to the conversion algorithm?
noSilicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #72
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Why would you want/need a PID for the Fire? It isn't used anywhere that I'm aware of. Current tools use the serial number, and they work just fine with the Fire and its serial #.

UPDATE: The current tools do NOT work with the Fire. Yes, there's a serial #, but it isn't working with the current tools. Looks like we will need a new dustbuster.

Last edited by CRussel; 11-30-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Update
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #73
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Why would you want/need a PID for the Fire? It isn't used anywhere that I'm aware of. Current tools use the serial number, and they work just fine with the Fire and its serial #.
My thoughts as well.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #74
solidunit
solidunit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've searched and I couldn't find this info;

If I want to use the content server feature to download news periodicals on to my Kindle Fire, whats the procedure to get them to show up in the Newsstand app ? Opening the mobi file in the Kindle app through File Expert doesn't seem to do anything.
solidunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #75
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I haven't read every single post about the Kindle Fire so I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere.

The books that are in mobi format in my Calibre Library are being transferred to the Documents folder on my Fire when I do a transfer to device but then cannot be viewed/read. I did a quick little experiment and did a direct copy of the same file but with the mobi extension changed to prc. I put it into the Books file on the Fire so that I could differentiate which was sent through Calibre and which I just copied directly. The prc file showed up in the Books section of the Fire and opened. The mobi file was nowhere to be seen unless I opened up the file in a File Explorer (on the Fire) or in Explorer (on my computer) and it couldn't be read on the Fire.

Is there a plug-in that will do this change automatically and put the file in the Fire folder that we would designate (Newsstand, Books, Docs)?

If not, I think that it would be a great idea. (even though this isn't the Plug-in idea section)
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player 11, mtp