Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
Formatting for documentation source code

There doesn't seem to be any standard to how the source code for the documentation is formatted. Some lines wrap at one length while others are at longer lengths. Some have whole paragraphs on a single line.

Would there be any objection if I were to wrap lines at 78 characters as I make edits to the documentation? I would only change the lines or paragraphs that I edit for content. Alternatively, if there is consensus on a standard, I would be happy to reformat all of the doc source and submit it in a single commit.

I would also like to include some "vim hints" at the beginning or end of each doc source file to help enforce editor setting consistency, provided no one objects.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no objections to either.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert