Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
hal-9000
hal-9000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Micro SD card in Sony Ebook

Has anyone tried to use a Micro SD card with the SD adapter in a Sony Ebook? My phone takes a Micro SD card and I was thinking how wonderful it would be if it would work in the Sony Ebook reader also.
hal-9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
There's no reason I can think of that it wouldn't work. And trying it out shouldn't mess anything up.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I believe others have tried and reported that is does work.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I believe others have tried and reported that is does work.
Yep, MicroSD in the standard SD adapter definitely WORKS FINE in my PRS-650.

The one I haven't had a chance to try yet, and am wondering about, is the Sony MemoryStick Duo to MicroSD adapters (which you can find on Amazon and elsewhere)

If that works, you could potentially use TWO 32GB Micro SD cards side-by-side to get an incredible 65 Giga Bytes of usable onboard storage.

The only caveat I would add, is that though this might work fine on the new 650 and 950, I am not sure that the older models with SD slots supported SDHC. Since MicroSD cards are nearly all SDHC now, this may cause issues on older readers.

Last edited by delphin; 02-03-2011 at 09:55 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
SDHC support introduced for PRS505 with ePub firmware update and available in all models since (as long as they have a card slot) so fine in 505, 600, 700, 900, 350, 650 and 950...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
Yep, MicroSD in the standard SD adapter definitely WORKS FINE in my PRS-650.

The one I haven't had a chance to try yet, and am wondering about, is the Sony MemoryStick Duo to MicroSD adapters (which you can find on Amazon and elsewhere)

If that works, you could potentially use TWO 32GB Micro SD cards side-by-side to get an incredible 65 Giga Bytes of usable onboard storage.

The only caveat I would add, is that though this might work fine on the new 650 and 950, I am not sure that the older models with SD slots supported SDHC. Since MicroSD cards are nearly all SDHC now, this may cause issues on older readers.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
SDHC support introduced for PRS505 with ePub firmware update and available in all models since (as long as they have a card slot) so fine in 505, 600, 700, 900, 350, 650 and 950...
That's good to know -

Now if we could just get them to add about a half dozen user selectable fonts . . .
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote