Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Can't Open Book Details with 0.7.36

A Double click on the Book details or the keyboard short cut 'I' gives the following error

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:native Qt signal is not callable

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\show_book_details.py ", line 33, in show_book_info
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\book_info.py", line 26, in __init__
TypeError: native Qt signal is not callable

I am using Windows Vista, did a clean install, but no change,

Last edited by oldbwl; 01-01-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: add more system details
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Getting same problem here, Win7
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
pressing "i"
Type error Qtsignal not callable
XP SP3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
All now fixed in 0.7.37, thanks to everyone involved, this has to be the best supported software I currently use.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
small suggestion - add a check for update button to calibre or to help link. I read this thread & wanted 7.37 but I can never remember the download page URL, so I have to wait for the program to check & tell me there is an update available.
suggestion 2: the download website gets hammered whenever there is a new release & goes very slow or unavailable - so release updates with a download as a torrent option. will reduce your server costs & improve he service.

Last edited by cybmole; 01-03-2011 at 01:59 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I read this thread & wanted 7.37 but I can never remember the download page URL, so I have to wait for the program to check & tell me there is an update available.
Why wait? If you know a new version is out just restart calibre, CTRL-R.

Quote:
suggestion 2: the download website gets hammered whenever there is a new release & goes very slow or unavailable - so release updates with a download as a torrent option. will reduce your server costs & improve he service.
Good idea!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not a single click solution.
Click the Help button
Now click the Library symbol in the Upper Left of that page.
(Many WEB designers make the logo, the 'Home' link .)
click 'Downloads' or 'What's New'
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not a single click solution.
Click the Help button
Now click the Library symbol in the Upper Left of that page.
(Many WEB designers make the logo, the 'Home' link .)
click 'Downloads' or 'What's New'
thanks - I looked all over the help / user guide page for a home page link - never occurred to me to click a logo !
Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
thanks - I looked all over the help / user guide page for a home page link - never occurred to me to click a logo !
Tip.
Enable the 'Status line' feature of your browser (available in FF and IE) if you are not screen size challenged

When you 'Hover' over link items, you see stuff there (Like what the Text says is nothing like where it will send you . SPOOF? No way I click.) You might see many more 'hot spots' (does not work with Flash. Another Security risk?)
Old 01-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
cybmole
Wizard

[QUOTE=theducks;1310529]Tip.
Enable the 'Status line' feature of your browser (available in FF and IE) if you are not screen size challenged

When you 'Hover' over link items, you see stuff there /QUOTE]

hmm-

with google chrome it does do that but in very faint + small grey print - so small & faint that I'd never noticed it!

IE8 does it in a more readable style but I try not to use that - I have chrome as default browser.