Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
How to change the date of my Kindle without net?

How to change the date of my Kindle without net?

I had to reset my Kindle 3 Wifi, and I still am not able to connect to my WLan.
The settings within the Kindle just allow me to change the time but not the date, and now of course my most recent books are on the very last page.

I have actually solved my problem on a VERY unusual way (Duokan), but I am interested if there is an official way since I'm not sure if I want to keep Duokan on my Kindle...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
stephenb
stephenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo, Amazon Kindle 3
I've just been through this with Amazon. With the Wifi version there is no manual way of setting the date and you are reliant on the network. However, there is a bug. New Zealand is currently on daylight saving, which means that we are GMT+13. The Kindle can't cope with this and thinks that we are GMT-11 and will show yesterday's date.
stephenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
enkov
Advanced Dunno
enkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud ofenkov has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 7 + Paperwhite 2013
On Kindle 2 3G I cannot set even the time, not only the date. It synchronises date/time via 3G connection only, I think. And set the time either via GSM provider's time or Kindle's country settings.
enkov is offline   Reply With Quote