Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
sg31
sg31 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Issue with converting xhtml to epub using Calibre

Hi,
I have been using Calibre to convert books in different formats to epub. It works great for mobi and lit, but I have xhtml files (as zips, with images as separate folder, a css file, a titlepg.htm, and an htm file with the content)

How can I convert this to epub and retain the toc, images etc? Currently I am using the ebook-convert.exe as follows:

ebook-convert.exe "C:\Temp\XHTML Files\content.htm" "C:\Temp\XHTML Epubs\content.epub" >> "C:\Temp\XHTML Epubs\content.log" 2>1

I gives me an epub, but it has a few issues:

1. I get the first page as this Edisting Template saying produced by calibre and version no. etc. I did not get this in epubs produced by mobi's and lit's...I need to get rid of this page.

2. The toc is off...in some epubs, I get partial toc, and in some none at all, or just page nos in toc, rather than chapter name etc, even though the epub has the chapters when I open it in ADE.

Can someone please advise me on this...I am relatively new to Calibre...thanks!
sg31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, toc, xhtml