Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #16
teralpar
teralpar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini w/Retina
I have the Moko Ultra Slim Smart Shell in black and I really like it. Hardly adds any weight to the device. Comes in an variety of colors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
teralpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralpar View Post
I have the Moko Ultra Slim Smart Shell in black and I really like it. Hardly adds any weight to the device. Comes in an variety of colors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have had a chance to try an iPad Mini. That metal back gets t-t-terribly c-c-cold. I have that Moko on a Nexus 7, I would buy it again for the Mini.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #18
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hesitated for quite some time over my choice of a case and I ended up taking none as a thin case that looks good does not in my opinion protect the device well enough and a thicker one that protects it better does not look good when using my Ipad Mini with it.
So I opted for a thick padded sheath or cover, whatever you call those. So I keep my device in when stored and zip it off when using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
I picked up an Ipad Mini with Retina over the weekend, looking for a case that will maintain the light and thin aspect of the device. Do you guys use a case when reading and what do you use.

Last edited by Quexos; 02-16-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:34 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Did you look at the Apple "Smart Case", Quexos? To my mind it provides a good level of protection without adding too much bulk. It also folds back to provide a useful stand for typing on or watching movies.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:45 AM   #20
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Harry the smart case is the first thing I looked at. The most prominent accessory in the store I went to. It definitely looks good but it's so thin that if your Ipad takes a shock it absorbs 0% of it, in other words it does not really protect the device (except against scratches of course) but I was concerned with shocks and a thick padded case that can be zipped on and off was my choice. I need my device protected when stored or when transporting it and when I use it I am extremely careful so I reckon I can enjoy it without any kind of cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Did you look at the Apple "Smart Case", Quexos? To my mind it provides a good level of protection without adding too much bulk. It also folds back to provide a useful stand for typing on or watching movies.

Last edited by Quexos; 02-16-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I think it provides better protection than you expect. The back case is stiff and will protect the corners if you drop it. It also works great for providing protection in my handbag. I do keep a ziplock bag around to protect it from dirt & anything else in my purse because I have the light blue color.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:43 PM   #22
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
I'm a Lifeproof.com Fan boy and I have the case with the LifeProof Smartcover.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #23
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
If its ultra protection you're after check out these nutcases !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8MdWoNZaYc
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #24
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I also have the Apple smart case. It's light and thin, provides good protection and is stylish. I'm pleased with its durability too. I had the Smart Cover and that didn't hold up well over time, it became discoloured but this one is still looking neat.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #25
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I picked up the Apple Smart Case for my mini at the weekend and does anyone have any solution of the gapping top and bottom of the front cover? I am loathe to return it but I need a case to be secure in my handbag.

Or does anyone have any suggestions for a very lightweight secure case with a solid (or 2 fold) front?

Thanks

Last edited by Josieb1; 03-18-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think there'll always be some sort of gap with a folding cover, because it'll never fold perfectly flat. Do you really find it to be a problem? I don't see that the gap makes it any less protective.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #27
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think there'll always be some sort of gap with a folding cover, because it'll never fold perfectly flat. Do you really find it to be a problem? I don't see that the gap makes it any less protective.
Thanks Harry. I'm just wondering if a 2 fold or even a stand case with no fold would be more secure. I am commuting so I can see me putting it in my bag in a hurry, when getting on and off trains so I want it to be secure. Like my Kindle case always is.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #28
jswinden
Nameless Being

Maybe a padded slip in case big enough to hold your iPad mini with the Smart Case installed. I can't remember what they are called. Trains have rather bumpy rides, at least here they do. A little extra protection might be good.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #29
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have a Speck FitFolio case for my Nook HD in pink and really like it. It has a snap clasp for quick closure. The FitFolio only works with the original Mini. However they make a similar case called the StyleFolio which works with both Mini versions. I bought mine at a local store. They also sell it on Amazon. Here's the link to their product page for UK pricing.
http://www.speckproducts.com/uk/tabl...a-display.html

The Apple smart case is really soft and seems like it might scratch or show dirt easily. Mine is light blue. I keep mine in a plastic Ziploc bag when I put it in my handbag.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #30
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have a Speck FitFolio case for my Nook HD in pink and really like it. It has a snap clasp for quick closure. The FitFolio only works with the original Mini. However they make a similar case called the StyleFolio which works with both Mini versions. I bought mine at a local store. They also sell it on Amazon. Here's the link to their product page for UK pricing.
http://www.speckproducts.com/uk/tabl...a-display.html

The Apple smart case is really soft and seems like it might scratch or show dirt easily. Mine is light blue. I keep mine in a plastic Ziploc bag when I put it in my handbag.
I had the light blue smart case too. It was already starting to get scuffed on the bottom side, so I returned it. I like the way other manufacturers make similar cases with the bottom part made from a no scratch plastic rather than the stuff Apple uses.