Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hanlin supports Mobi now?

So, I saw an ad here on MR that Hanlin supports Mobipocket format and DRM... was there an announcement I missed. Does this apply to the BeBook too?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, I saw an ad here on MR that Hanlin supports Mobipocket format and DRM... was there an announcement I missed. Does this apply to the BeBook too?

BOb
Nothin on BeBooks homepage about Mobi support yet.... Aparently there was a firmwareupdate on Hanlins homepage with Mobi support, but that got pulled pretty quick.

So as of yet, I would have to say no.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Nothin on BeBooks homepage about Mobi support yet.... Aparently there was a firmwareupdate on Hanlins homepage with Mobi support, but that got pulled pretty quick.

So it's interesting that Google ads is serving that ad then. Actually, it is at the top of my screen again..(attached). How do you inline an image to your post if you don't have a URL for it?

BOb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imgad.jpeg
Views:	539
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	16044  
Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From what I recall reading, when reading a Mobi format eBook, it took about 4 seconds per page turn. So the firmware with Mobi support got pulled. I'm hoping they are working on fixing it.

As of now, the website mentsion nothing about Mobipocket. http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=41
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Yes, I can see the same banner. It is interesting - maybe we will hear about new firmware in a day or two?
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
Yes, I can see the same banner. It is interesting - maybe we will hear about new firmware in a day or two?
Also, I noticed on their website that the file type support now includes ePub but not .prc/.mobi.

BOb
Old 09-06-2008, 04:52 AM   #7
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
Hi,

first of all - it's my first message here in this forum at all
Second: In Berlin, Germany, there was a great fair named IFA (Internationale Funk-Ausstellung) in the last week. The BeBook was presented there - and I've seen it display *.prc as well as *.mobi files. That's why I ordered the BeBook (will get it in 2 or 3 days). Why there's no info on the homepage about that - I don't know ...
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:09 AM   #8
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye View Post
Hi,

first of all - it's my first message here in this forum at all
Second: In Berlin, Germany, there was a great fair named IFA (Internationale Funk-Ausstellung) in the last week. The BeBook was presented there - and I've seen it display *.prc as well as *.mobi files. That's why I ordered the BeBook (will get it in 2 or 3 days). Why there's no info on the homepage about that - I don't know ...
That my new friend is GREAT news! There were rumors about the new BeBook mobi support coming soon after they got back from IFA. Hopefully it will show up in a couple of days on their webpage
Old 09-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #9
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Oh here we are about that "apparently new" Hanlin..... OK figured out MOBI isn't out yet but so from the Jinke's site the V3 looks new version with VIZPLEX and since it has Linux OS, do you all think an application like XPDF would run on it to reflow PDF files?...
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #10
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
That my new friend is GREAT news! There were rumors about the new BeBook mobi support coming soon after they got back from IFA. Hopefully it will show up in a couple of days on their webpage
I have a reply from V. Levchenko, chief of Ukrainian LBook division (AKA Hanlin V3). He told that they are going to release new firmware with Mobi support after he returns from summer vacations, I suppose in a week.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #11
rickp
rickp began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Quote:

As a new BeBook owner, I was told that there would be an update this week to support Mobipocket - though I guess they've been promising this for a while now...

If the Jinke update was pulled, I suspect that means the BeBook update will similarly be delayed. Hey ho....

Rick
rickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #12
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp View Post
As a new BeBook owner, I was told that there would be an update this week to support Mobipocket - though I guess they've been promising this for a while now...

If the Jinke update was pulled, I suspect that means the BeBook update will similarly be delayed. Hey ho....

Rick
I heard a rumor (OBS! Rumor) that BeBook would release their MOBI support once they got back from IFA, so hopefully, something will happen this week

And as stated earlier in this thread, aparently they showd MOBI support at IFA.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
cognac
cognac began at the beginning.

Device: BEBOOK
HEY, Boys , check this out, which i just found. i do believe this is one of the greatest news of bebook or v3 users !!!!

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/desktop.asp
cognac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The fact we're getting banner ads on the site saying "Full support for MobiPocket and DRM" would suggest that it's not too far off.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Mobipocket Reader...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp desktop mobipocket1.bmp (262.0 KB, 524 views)
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote