Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Funny I was just wondering how come my audiobook cover doesn't show up on the zip. Is it because I moved them to the 32gb card?

Also, I was wondering if you can send directly to the card, via Overdrive, but it wouldn't let me. It is kinda tediuous on my slow netbook moving each book to the card from the zip internal drive.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #17
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post

Also, I was wondering if you can send directly to the card, via Overdrive, but it wouldn't let me. It is kinda tediuous on my slow netbook moving each book to the card from the zip internal drive.
I only managed to get this to work if the SD card is inside the Clip Zip and the Clip Zip connected to the computer through USB. In Overdrive, there is a drop-down (hardly visible, so I didn't even see it for the longest time!) between Clip Zip and SD card. I kept trying to navigate to the SD card in Advanced settings, and wondered why the card was not showing!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #18
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I only managed to get this to work if the SD card is inside the Clip Zip and the Clip Zip connected to the computer through USB. In Overdrive, there is a drop-down (hardly visible, so I didn't even see it for the longest time!) between Clip Zip and SD card. I kept trying to navigate to the SD card in Advanced settings, and wondered why the card was not showing!
No I haven't seen the drop-down other than the Advanced setting. Hope I find it this time! Thanks.

Is your album art (audiobook) art showing on the zip? Mine isn't. It shows an .alb file when I look on the computer.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
No I haven't seen the drop-down other than the Advanced setting. Hope I find it this time! Thanks.
Look above "Advanced Options" and you'll see:
  • Title
  • Player
  • Parts
The drop down menu is next to "Player" only if you have a mSD card in your Clip. It'll give you a choice between "Internal Memory" and "External uSD Card".
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Hi all,
I managed to transfer and open the files. I guess the problem was that I had transfered the files to the card through my laptop's built-in microSD card reader and via Overdrive, not by connecting the device through USB. Blossom, I thought you mentioned that this can be done, or did I misunderstand?
The player must be attached via USB with card inserted for the books to be transferred correctly. Once the books are on there if you ever move to a new card you can copy from old card to a new one as long as the new one is inserted into the player.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The player must be attached via USB with card inserted for the books to be transferred correctly. Once the books are on there if you ever move to a new card you can copy from old card to a new one as long as the new one is inserted into the player.
Oooh, bummer....
Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:

Is your album art (audiobook) art showing on the zip? Mine isn't. It shows an .alb file when I look on the computer.
My album art is not showing either.

One thing that bothers me is that, if you want to rewind, you have to do it blindly: you can't see how many minutes you are rewinding back. It reminds me a bit of rewinding cassette tapes back in the day.
I sometimes fall asleep listening to audiobooks, and always know how many mins the sleep timer was on, so I can guesstimate in the AM how many mins I lasted before I fell asleep. With this player, this doesn't even matter, since I have to rewind, listen, rewind, listen, rewind... you get the point
Or am I doing something wrong here?
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #23
new

Quote:
My album art is not showing either.

One thing that bothers me is that, if you want to rewind, you have to do it blindly: you can't see how many minutes you are rewinding back. It reminds me a bit of rewinding cassette tapes back in the day.
I sometimes fall asleep listening to audiobooks, and always know how many mins the sleep timer was on, so I can guesstimate in the AM how many mins I lasted before I fell asleep. With this player, this doesn't even matter, since I have to rewind, listen, rewind, listen, rewind... you get the point
Or am I doing something wrong here?
At last someone who uses the sleep timer! What bothers me is how many clicks it takes to get to the sleep timer!!!! Come on Sansa Sandisk company update your software!

I don't mind the mindless rewind because when I fall asleep I have no idea where I left off.

The audiobook art missing is beyond me, can't figure that one out.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #24
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Look above "Advanced Options" and you'll see:
  • Title
  • Player
  • Parts
The drop down menu is next to "Player" only if you have a mSD card in your Clip. It'll give you a choice between "Internal Memory" and "External uSD Card".
Thanks tubemonkey, I will try that next time I download.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
At last someone who uses the sleep timer! What bothers me is how many clicks it takes to get to the sleep timer!!!! Come on Sansa Sandisk company update your software!
They have, but they made it worse. I use an original Clip (no Plus, no Zip) on the bedstand and setting the sleep timer is not too bad -- in fact, now that I'm used to it, I can set it with the lights off. I recently got a Clip Zip and the process is a lot more complicated.

I don't know if Rockbox makes it any easier.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
xendula
eBookworm

^ With Rockbox, you can't put DRMed WMAs on the player, right?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
I agree, it takes quite a few clicks to get to the sleep timer.

That's why I prefer MP3 audiobooks that I can listen to from the Overdrive app on iOS and Android. The timer is built into the play screen. Unfortunately, only about a third of the audiobooks are in MP3.

If only there was a way to allow listening of WMAs through the app as well. The German library vendor Onleihe is working on a way to allow DRMed WMA playback from within their app this spring, so if they can make it happen, Overdrive should be able to as well!
Until then, the Clip Zip will have to do.... I gotta say, this litte thing has been playing back for the last 9 hours on the same charge - how unexpected!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #28
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
^ With Rockbox, you can't put DRMed WMAs on the player, right?
I'm pretty sure you can't.

Sorry for any confusion -- when I'm nodding off I listen to music. Plain old MP3s.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #29
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
They have, but they made it worse. I use an original Clip (no Plus, no Zip) on the bedstand and setting the sleep timer is not too bad -- in fact, now that I'm used to it, I can set it with the lights off. I recently got a Clip Zip and the process is a lot more complicated.

I don't know if Rockbox makes it any easier.
I tried the Clip plus and it was just as bad if not worse than the zip clip. Glad your Clip good. Do they still sell the original clip?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
new

Quote:
I agree, it takes quite a few clicks to get to the sleep timer.

That's why I prefer MP3 audiobooks that I can listen to from the Overdrive app on iOS and Android. The timer is built into the play screen. Unfortunately, only about a third of the audiobooks are in MP3.

If only there was a way to allow listening of WMAs through the app as well. The German library vendor Onleihe is working on a way to allow DRMed WMA playback from within their app this spring, so if they can make it happen, Overdrive should be able to as well!
Until then, the Clip Zip will have to do.... I gotta say, this litte thing has been playing back for the last 9 hours on the same charge - how unexpected!
Yeah the battery life is good on the zip. I listen to it for many hours during the night, sometimes I don't use the timer when I wake up in the middle of the night, it wakes me up even more to get to the timer menu! But the battery lasts so I don't worry about it anymore.

I agree about the only 1/3 books are mp3 I have listened to all they have on my Ipod touch, the sleep timer was only a click away too. I had to buy a Windows netbooks and Sansa zip to get access to the multitude of audiobooks they have only for .wma. I did try .wma on my Ipod nano, and it took way too long to convert to .aac. That was a real surprise that it is such a long process to do.

The Sansa Clip would be perfect if they would put the timer one click away instead of 10 clicks or however many there are.

As for the audiobook artwork does anyone know why it doesn't work for the .wma books?