Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Got my $99 1saleaday Nook Tablet finally yesterday and did the mod and I'm thrilled with it. Don't know if I have the skill to do any updates, but I'm very happy with how everything is running right now.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Liking it so much I considered putting the mod onto the main memory. Wow. Instructions for doing this are incomprehensible. I see why people go the SD or N2A route.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
LOL! I'm with you! I thought about putting it internally as well, but it's running so smooth from sd that I decided to not risk messing it up! At least not yet. I know I won't be able to stay away from it forever, but I think I'll wait for more stable releases.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
CM10 on NT emmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
LOL! I'm with you! I thought about putting it internally as well, but it's running so smooth from sd that I decided to not risk messing it up! At least not yet. I know I won't be able to stay away from it forever, but I think I'll wait for more stable releases.
I've been using the most recent version 12/08 since its release, and its reliable/stable performance has crossed the threshold for me to take the plunge and install it internally on emmc.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If it's not too much trouble, when you do the EMMC root, could you post your procedure? (BTW, EMMC is the acronym for Embedded Multi Media Card.)
Also, I used my 8 GB CM7 SD card to install Succulent's ParanoidAndroid ROM - wiped it and set up the partitions with MiniTool and installed the ROM and GAPPS. It runs really well. I installed all my apps from another CM10 SD card by backing them up, with data, with Titanium Backup and then put the backup file on my desktop, switched cards in the tablet, moved the b/u file to the ParanoidAndroid card and then restored it with TT. Worked well. No lost apps or data.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Installing CM 10 Internally on Nook Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
If it's not too much trouble, when you do the EMMC root, could you post your procedure?
See my post here for an overview of the process I used to install CM10 on my NT emmc.

Last edited by livramax; 12-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #22
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
If it's not too much trouble, when you do the EMMC root, could you post your procedure? (BTW, EMMC is the acronym for Embedded Multi Media Card.)
Also, I used my 8 GB CM7 SD card to install Succulent's ParanoidAndroid ROM - wiped it and set up the partitions with MiniTool and installed the ROM and GAPPS. It runs really well. I installed all my apps from another CM10 SD card by backing them up, with data, with Titanium Backup and then put the backup file on my desktop, switched cards in the tablet, moved the b/u file to the ParanoidAndroid card and then restored it with TT. Worked well. No lost apps or data.
I know what I'll be doing next time! Thanks for the tip.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #23
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
You can run CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1) now on the nook tablet, I"m running it on mine.

Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #24
livramax
Addict

Quote:
I installed all my apps from another CM10 SD card by backing them up, with data, with Titanium Backup and then put the backup file on my desktop, switched cards in the tablet, moved the b/u file to the ParanoidAndroid card and then restored it with TT. Worked well. No lost apps or data.
With recent CM10 releases most of the time during initialization after 1st boot all my apps got auto-downloaded from Google backup service and auto re-installed. The apps' personal settings however are not auto-restored (I believe this is a feature selectable by the app's developer) and this is where Backup apps like Titanium can come in handy. I had tried Titatium a few months back and found that not all apps (e.g., Opera Mobile) got handled properly -- i.e., they would crash/force-close after restoral -- in which case I had to manually uninstall/re-install those particular apps before they would work again. I have not tried Titanium recently to know if that this problem has been fixed.

Last edited by livramax; 12-19-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Succulent (iamafanof.wordpress.com) has been busy. He posted an updated CM10 image file using a build from 12/08. It works well though it's for a 2 GB μSD card so the partitions need to be massaged to fill an 8 GB card - he provides some brief instructions to do this.
He also posted a CM10.1 (android 4.2) build for the nook tablet but it doesn't appear ready an SD installation yet.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
ogol
ogol began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
easiest way

Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
Super easy process for making an SDcard with CM10 (Jelly Bean) for Nook Tablet (courtesy of XDA developer Succulent):

http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2012/...r-nook-tablet/

Just down load the SDcard image file and write it to an SDcard of your choice (Sandisk class 4 is generally best).
This one is easier:

http://claptop.com/2012/12/how-to-ma...r-nook-tablet/
ogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #27
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogol View Post
It uses the same process and software image by the developer iamafanof (aka Succulent@XDA), simply a more condensed description tailored for first-time sdcard build using Win OS.

I'd recommend use of the developer's blog site for up-to-date CM10 builds and discussion/support.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #28
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogol View Post
This one is easier:
Yes, it's easier. But only because it points to someone else's hard work and doesn't even bother to say so or give credit! Bad taste IMHO!
(Not on you part Ogol, but the "guide")

The original blog post by Iamafanof is more "complicated" because it covers a lot more than this "how to".
Old 01-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #29
livramax
Addict

Succulent has just released the SDcard image of his CM10.1 (based on Jelly Bean 4.2.1) build today:

http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2013/...k-tablet-0110/
Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #30
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

But I was just about to go to bed! Now I have to download burn and play before I get any sleep! Shame on you!