Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Updated post #2
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate my camera
for five days I've been trying to make some decent vids and now it has corrupted my SD.
Will take even longer to upload now.

Sorry
Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
troll05
Harmless idiot

Finally made it

New Vids
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
Mraer
Mraer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could you please list preinstalled dictionaries (directions) and UI languages?
Mraer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
Mraer

I've also seen on russian site they have fw CIA.3.1.111 - could be interesting to know, what could be the difference with EURO.3.1.110

Last edited by Mraer; 04-03-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks Troll, the videos are very informative: so free-hand notes in EPUB only appear if you select the same zoom level used when they were created, right? It does make sense, but just wanted to double check.

Nice Cecilia font you have
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #22
troll05
Harmless idiot

Unfortunately you are correct with the handwritten notes, I suggested to development to adjust the zuum level accordingly if you select your note in the TOC, let's see what happens.

Font is Cecilia free, if you like I'll pm it to you
Old 04-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #23
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Unfortunately you are correct with the handwritten notes, I suggested to development to adjust the zuum level accordingly if you select your note in the TOC, let's see what happens.
If they did that, it would be great - but even so, it is definitely fast, and much faster than in the curent firmware of the Pro models, as you know. What I think I'd find difficult is using the pinch zoom, as I'd be afraid that the pressure on the glass substrate might break teh screen - amd I being paranoid, or is this actually a risk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Font is Cecilia free, if you like I'll pm it to you
I thought it was proprietary to Amazon, this is why I am using Lexia Dama instead: but if you can point me to it, that would be great!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #24
troll05
Harmless idiot

I got it from here, another adress would be here.

Both sites don't appear to offer "Black" downloads
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #25
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraer View Post
Could you please list preinstalled dictionaries (directions) and UI languages?
Sorry for taking so long

I attached some Fotos where you can see UI Languages and dictionaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraer View Post
I've also seen on russian site they have fw CIA.3.1.111 - could be interesting to know, what could be the difference with EURO.3.1.110
In previos versions of the PRO models it was mostly different language support and different links to the relevant shops. (Germany -> Libri ; Russian -> Bookland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
What I think I'd find difficult is using the pinch zoom, as I'd be afraid that the pressure on the glass substrate might break teh screen - amd I being paranoid, or is this actually a risk?
I don't think there is a risk breaking the screen by pinching because you don't need any pressure on the glass, only a very light touch (screen is capacitive, comparable to iPad or the like), unless you have very long and hard claws ISO normal fingernails
The screen should even be a bit tougher with touch because there is one more glass-layer built in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4764.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	84871   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4765.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	521.7 KB
ID:	84872   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4766.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	540.0 KB
ID:	84873   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4767.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	545.9 KB
ID:	84874  

Last edited by troll05; 04-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
Mraer

Thanks a lot, Troll.
Definetely european version has much more dictionaries.
I was told that firmware (public one) doesn't contain dictionaries. It's only in service firmware. So I really wonder, what's the difference on public firmwares then.
This is the list of dictionaries on russian version:
Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #27
paola
Wizard

Troll, many thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #28
troll05
Harmless idiot

NEW: Calibre V0.8.46 now supports PB622.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #29
troll05
Harmless idiot

After a few weeks of using and trying out I'm now ready to give my final conclusion to the PB622.

It's a very well built device with appealing design and appears to be sturdy enough for daily use.
The display contrast is very good although I'd like to have the near paper white background of other pearl screens, but I guess I'd have to trade this for less contrast.

Firmware is as advanced as I could imagine for a reader with a very high degree of possible customisation. Maybe not ideal for the „It's only a book and I can read it so why fuss about fonts, appearance, zoom steps or other stuff“, but perfect for people like me who like to get the most out of their toys. You'll have to spend some time to find out about the finer degrees of enhancement like organisation of library (I like to have all my books with me and find them in reasonable time), different fonts, line spacing...
Compared to the PRO series first edition from 2010 there is only very little to complain about and most complaints go towards „enhancement“ ISO „doesn't work“.
Even the internet browser is actually usable and makes surfing if not big fun at least functional and usable, and „Obreey“ store offers a sufficient amount of books with loads of DRM free stuff (BIG+)

I hope CR3 will be ported to the 622 soon, then I will be absolutely satisfied, but until then AdobeViewer is absolutely sufficient.

Audio functins work (but a bit too loud for me), but for listening to music or audiobooks I prefer dedicated audio-devices, they are much better at that, but if you like to have your books TTS-read to you I daresay there is nothing better than PB.

Early in this thread I wondered if there would be a comparable 9“ device, but in the meantime I think this would not be too desirable because big screens are mostly used by people who want to work with their readers and a capacitive touchscreen will make it quite difficult to take notes without touching inadvertently, so 912 whith WACOM touch would be a very good alternative.

Note taking and working with PDFs is THE one thing where the 622 is the most advanced reader of all devices I have seen and played with so far (maybe 9XX series is similar, but no chance to try so far).
Delineation is nearly perfect and for the first time I'm quite content with the various possibilities of handling them, although a 6“ screen will always have it's problems with A4 sized documents.
But it's very close

I know this sounds like an advertisment for the 622-Touch, but presently there is really nothing that keeps me from recommending this device, except you are the kind of absolutelykindlelikefailsafewithoutthinking-user, but then nobody can convince you anyway.

PS: Yesterday I flashed latest FW from Pocketbook and some of the little quirks I complained about are already polished out
Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #30
paola
Wizard

thanks Troll - if it wasn't for the fact that I've got two already, I would have bought already. Perhaps I can convince myself that I really need a 6"