Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Multiple epub:type roles for a file in landmarks nav

In a thread in the EPUB forum, Can a file have multiple semantic tags?, after it was determined that such is possible, came this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Sigil supports just a single epub:type one at the file level for creating the nav. Of course, Sigil allows multiple values via CodeView and editing the xhtml and nav directly.

The issue is also setting epub:type semantics on body and section tags, footnotes, and not just at the landmark file level.

I have been wrestling with this for a while and still am not sure the way to handle it best in Sigil. Perhaps a set of clips just for adding epub:type attributes to any user selected tag. Even at the file level with landmarks, Sigil keeps it to one, not multiple elements.

Ideas welcome on how to make all of the semantic setting easier for users outside of just the landmarks.

Of course, Access-Aide would have to be updated to handle multiple space delimited attribute values for epub:type and then to produce multiple attribute values for the aria role attribute as well.

I assume aria roles can have more than one attribute value as well.
May I suggest a UI enhancement for the Add Semantic Property dialog box: Instead of a “select one then click OK” list, how about a list of check-boxes? Easy way to indicate that more than one is possible, and also a clear way to see which properties are set on a file.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub 3, epub:type, landmarks nav