Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #16
sahbi
Enthusiast
sahbi is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony:psr 650 , KOBO:aura h2O, KOBO:Aura One
I am assuming the last fw is not explored enough and could maybe housing some unpleasant surprises as sickel in 3.17
I will mostly read pdfs using koreader so does it make any difference?
sahbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbi View Post
I am assuming the last fw is not explored enough and could maybe housing some unpleasant surprises as sickel in 3.17
I will mostly read pdfs using koreader so does it make any difference?
3.18.0 has been out for over two months. Any unpleasant surprises will have been found. And they are usually found within a couple of days of release.

As to the effect on Koreader, I don't know as I don't use it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I use KOReader to read, in order of numbers read, epub, pdb, txt, and pdf. Also, the occasional home made cbz. As I have mentioned I keep my library within a hidden folder, so it is not subject to Kobo processing. I am still using firmware 3.5.0.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #19
sahbi
Enthusiast

Thanks to All.
less is more
I keep fw 3.7 then install advboot and koreader.
Also I will post some impressions.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #20
sahbi
Enthusiast

advboot is installed, patched a lua file, and installed koreader, now I am good to go.Did some testing with different pdfs, looks promising but surely needs more patching. So first things first:
1. sticky highlighted text, how do I get rid of that; once highlighted text is sticky even after turning pages or even after restart, is there a patch for that thing or a workaround?

Last edited by sahbi; 12-07-2015 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Are you using the latest version?
http://koreader.ak-team.com/
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #22
sahbi
Enthusiast

sure I did, koreader-kobo-arm-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-stable.targz
edit:
ok, highlighting is unusable, I disabled it.
Are the settings per book? do I have to change them in a conf file to make them globally persistent for all books?
Great is the on the fly cropping(zooming) functionality, makes k2pdfopt obsolete and saves me a lot of time.

Last edited by sahbi; 12-07-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #23
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
I recommend you report the actual issue with the highlight feature in github so the developers can take a look: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues

If you really want to disable highlight by default. You can change this line:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...light.lua#L524

Just modify the last false to true.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote