Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #346
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Can you send me too the broken MOBI (and a good one, if you have one) along with the source PDF?

PS: upload it somewhere and whisper me the direct link
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #347
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
ciromattia - issue is already resolved. Output is not broken.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #348
Island Boy
Island Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Batch crop footer from images

Hi again,

What is the best way (or a good way) to batch crop the footer ("MangaOx" or something) from the bottom of images?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Island Boy; 12-18-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: grammer
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #349
Sauyadav
Enthusiast
Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Boy View Post
Hi again,

What is the best way (or a good way) to batch crop the footer ("MangaOx" or something) from the bottom of images?

Thanks in advance.
Use XnConvert, it has an option to crop an image at edges.
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #350
Island Boy
Island Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
XnConvert you say.
Thanks Sauyadav, will try.
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #351
timefire
timefire began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
So, um-does the 3.6.2 not have a mobi output?
timefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #352
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Obviously it have MOBI output.

But you need KindleGen. Please read warnings that are displayed in KCC window.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #353
laudaisoi
laudaisoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello AcidWeb, i read your answer in this topic http://www.tinhte.vn/threads/tut-don...#post-40699070.
I recorded a video that shows my problem: http://youtu.be/TXtyEGhS1R8. And here the above mobi file

Last edited by laudaisoi; 12-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.
laudaisoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #354
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. Thanks. I will check it.
Delete that MediaFire link - It is not allowed on this forum.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #355
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@laudaisoi - MOBI file is OK. Maybe it is stupid but try tap left side of screen - not right. Quite possible that manga mode rotate tap zones.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #356
laudaisoi
laudaisoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
@laudaisoi - MOBI file is OK. Maybe it is stupid but try tap left side of screen - not right. Quite possible that manga mode rotate tap zones.
Yeah, touching on the left side works fine .
laudaisoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #357
timefire
timefire began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Ok, obviously I should have lead with my ineptitude.
Hi, I'm a complete noob. I have no idea what I'm doing. Is there a guide to get kcc up and running or should I opt for something aimed towards people who've never opened cmd?

I have kcc installed I downloaded kindlegen. I just don't know how to make them work together. Basically I'm computer illiterate.

Edit: Copy kindlegen exe into kcc folder. Yay. Lesson sleep deprevision+cluelessness=higher lever of the bad kind of special.

Last edited by timefire; 12-25-2013 at 03:37 PM.
timefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:11 AM   #358
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@timefire I'm glad you found answer yourself :-) If you have any other problems feel free to ask.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #359
damee
damee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
Hello,

Thanks for the great software however there is a small issue I have.

Is it possible to stop the software adding preceeding chapters numbers?

So I get Chapter 022 not chapter 0000022? It also does the same thing when the chapter title has a number in it so it adds a bunch of zero to the chapter name too as well as the chapter number.

Also would be be possible to have an option to automatically split by volume if I use the third directory structure?

Last edited by damee; 12-31-2013 at 01:32 AM.
damee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:57 AM   #360
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Prefixing with zeros is only reason why all chapters are displayed in order so disabling it might not be great idea. Why it bothers you?

KCC already automatically split by volume when:
  • Output is set to MOBI.
  • Proper (third) structure is used.
  • Input directory have more than 250mb.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 12-31-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools