Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Arc 7 HD proximity sensor?

Does the Arc 7 HD have a proximity sensor?

Picked one up as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend, but the sleep cover for the Arc is terribly cheap, not to mention overpriced. I'd like to buy a 3rd party cover that just relies on the sensor that's in most other Android tablets.

Thanks for a head's up on this.

EDIT: Answered my own question. Apparently not.
Returning it and buying another Asus.

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 12-05-2014 at 11:14 AM.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
The official sleep cover is the best thing about the Arc7HD: it reflects the audio out of the single rear-mounted (mono) speaker. So you don't have to hold your hand behind the thing to hear anything at a decent volume.

Despite the high resolution, I'm unimpressed with watching video on the Arc7HD. It wasn't really the bargain (at $159) that I thought it was going to be. It's obviously zippier in performance than the original Arc, but that's not enough to make me abandon my Arc.

Also, unless you can replace the launcher on this thing and get rid of the "Kobo experience" and the "Collections", I'm definitely not gifting this thing (which was originally why I bit. Santa's comin up with a Samsung instead.)
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
I'm of another opinion on the official sleep cover. To me, it looked like a recycled car floor mat, cheap and rubbery. My thought was to return it and buy a nicer cover, hence the query about the proximity sensor. Since it didn't have that feature, and for a few other reasons, I returned both cover and reader, and bought another Asus tablet.

My plans were to replace the Kobo environment with the well regarded Nova Launcher, but with the Asus, that won't be necessary.

Thanks for your comments. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
The official sleep cover is the best thing about the Arc7HD: it reflects the audio out of the single rear-mounted (mono) speaker. So you don't have to hold your hand behind the thing to hear anything at a decent volume.

Despite the high resolution, I'm unimpressed with watching video on the Arc7HD. It wasn't really the bargain (at $159) that I thought it was going to be. It's obviously zippier in performance than the original Arc, but that's not enough to make me abandon my Arc.

Also, unless you can replace the launcher on this thing and get rid of the "Kobo experience" and the "Collections", I'm definitely not gifting this thing (which was originally why I bit. Santa's comin up with a Samsung instead.)
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote