Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
stanch
stanch began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Looking for Japanese reader and download site

I currently have a Nook ebook reader. And for the purposes I bought it for, I am happy with it. My wife is Japanese, and living in the United States, it is sometimes hard to find Japanese books. I would like to get a user friendly ebook reader for her, along with a compatible web site where we could download books written in Japanese. Does anyone have any suggesstions? I would appreciate your help.
Stanch
stanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
The only site i've used is aozora bunko which is for out of copyright stories. The library is around 8000 stories. I don't follow any modern Japanese publications.

I use an app called iBunko which is for iPhone/iPad and there might be an android version as well. It let's you broswe and download what you want.

Last edited by tyche; 11-13-2010 at 03:00 PM.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
The site is actually spelt Aozora bunko. I use my Cybook Gen3 ebook reader to read the books I download. What I do is to download the files in HTML and convert them to MobiPocket format in MobiPocket Creator.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
hattrick
hattrick began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook, nook, Galaxy S2, iPad 4
You want to try the bookmarklets on this site. They make PDF files perfect for a six or five-inch screen (you can choose a bookmarklet for different font sizes) with embedded Japanese fonts of the books at AozoraBunko. You can sideload the PDF files on your Nook and read the Japanese texts vertically.

Last edited by hattrick; 11-14-2010 at 06:52 AM.
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote