Notices

Old 03-18-2015, 04:37 AM   #1
qee4q
Enthusiast
qee4q began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura
Multiple bookshelfs

I have a kobo aura.

I have created collections/bookshelves in calibre based on the series column. Now I would like to add some custom bookshelves where I manually on the pc decide where every book goes. I have quite a lot of sci-fi series and I would like all of theese books to show up on a new sci-fi shelf. Also I have some books on politics which aren't part of a series which I want to group together on a shelf.

I haven't checked if the genre-metadata says sci-fi or something else since I want to do this manually. How do I create the extra bookshelf? The guides I've found all describe how to make collections base on series but not how to make further collections using calibre.
qee4q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:32 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are looking at this guide, the use of "series" is just an example. You can use almost any column in the calibre library including custom columns. If you want you could use "tags" or "authors" or create your own column with whatever you want in it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:45 AM   #3
qee4q
Enthusiast
qee4q began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura
Thanks for the tip - I'll try that :-)
qee4q is offline   Reply With Quote