Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
vestaviascott
vestaviascott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hello everyone

Hi everyone, I've owned 3 kindle readers. A Kindle touch with TTS, a Kindle paperwhite and just this week I took ownership of a Kindle Oasis 2 (7 inch).

I'm a big fan of the text to speech functionality on my Kindle touch. I've grown so used to the "Tom" voice on that Kindle, that any other voice seems subpar. There is just something about the Tom voice that pulls me into the plot of the book more than any other voice.

Anyway, I'm very dissapointed in the Oasis "Voiceview" functionality as compared to the TTS on my Kindle Touch. Hopefully Amazon will rethink this and bring back the simple and easy to operate TTS functionality on future Kindles, at least if I'm paying $300 for an ereader, I'd like to be able to have it read to me without all the accessibility hoops of Voiceview.

Anyway, that's the main reason I'm here. I'd like to find out if its possible to hack my Oasis to (1) Add the Tom voice file to the "Voiceview" voice library (which currently only has a single female voice) and/or (2) Fully hack the thing to enable true TTS functionality just like my old trusty Kindle Touch has.
vestaviascott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:30 AM   #2
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi vestaviascott,

Welcome to MobileRead !

you need to jailbreak devices to be able to do what extra you want your devices to do and for that visit here and look around, good luck !
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2019, 05:22 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi vestaviascott and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote