Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #46
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svhs View Post
I feel stupid.
I can't find [userstore]/system/acw/ on my kindle, for me it seems like all the installer did was that, it made a folder called acxe
If you are on Windows, the folder E:\system (assuming Drive E: is the userstore e.g. your Kindle Drive) is a hidden, "system" folder. You can type the location manually into the Location bar, or else go into settings and enable viewing system files.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #47
svhs
svhs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite gen2
Thanks, working now.
svhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #48
riham
riham began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
error installing acxe version 6 on my PW2

i copied acxe bin file version 6 to my PW2 (firmware 5.4.3.2.), then i go to menu settings/Update your kindle.

then i get error 007 on screen during device update. system reboots acxe bin file is gone.
please help.
riham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@riham: Your device is not jailbroken.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #50
riham
riham began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@riham: Your device is not jailbroken.
I applied Jailbreak, now everything works perfectly.
many thanks!!!
riham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #51
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have any idea why gtranslator.acx (replacement version) will occasionally and at complete random as far as I can tell, disappear from "[userstore]/system/acw/"? I have several times needed to copy it back in using kterm, after which it continues working just fine.

... perhaps I should move it into "/opt/amazon/acw/" since it is read-only, maybe it will stick?? How would I do that, since it's kinda read-only, after all?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #52
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I have several times needed to copy it back in using kterm
You might find it easier to use a SFTP client, such WinSCP or FileZilla on Windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
... perhaps I should move it into "/opt/amazon/acw/" since it is read-only, maybe it will stick?? How would I do that, since it's kinda read-only, after all?
You need to mount the root partition as read/wite, by using the mntroot rw command. Afterwards you can use mntroot ro to restore the readonly state.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #53
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykotitan View Post
You might find it easier to use a SFTP client, such WinSCP or FileZilla on Windows.
That would require going to the computer.

Quote:
You need to mount the root partition as read/wite, by using the mntroot rw command. Afterwards you can use mntroot ro to restore the readonly state.
Thanks.

But I'm kinda curious why that would happen at all. Hacks shouldn't be uninstalling themselves.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:39 AM   #54
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
@eschwartz: [userstore]/system/acw/ folder is rather volatile, it serves as a cache of ACXs from /opt/amazon/acw/.
So the only permanent solution is copying the ACX to /opt/amazon/acw/.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #55
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
@eschwartz: [userstore]/system/acw/ folder is rather volatile, it serves as a cache of ACXs from /opt/amazon/acw/.
So the only permanent solution is copying the ACX to /opt/amazon/acw/.
Figured it would be something like that.

It would be helpful if you could mention that in the OP.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #56
milutin20000
milutin20000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hi! Yesterday my Kindle PW2 was automatically updated to version 5.4.3.2 and now google translator won't work. Can I fix it?
milutin20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #57
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try to reinstall AcXE.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #58
milutin20000
milutin20000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
It worked. Thanks!!!
milutin20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #59
abedoz
abedoz began at the beginning.

Arabic please..
is it possible?
abedoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #60
dsmid
Linux devotee

gtranslator ACX updated:
  • Added Arabian
  • Added German localization of the new languages (sorry for the delay)