Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #31
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Sorry ZGottlieb - but Dudley is a cliché. That's poor old Dud's raison d'être. He's imagined by one of the characters as one thing (because of his name) and is really something else (that's more like a "Michael").

Having said that, apart from having fun with Dud (he really is a nice chap), the story has stalled.

So many stories to write, so many things to be sidetracked by.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:34 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Sorry ZGottlieb - but Dudley is a cliché. That's poor old Dud's raison d'être. He's imagined by one of the characters as one thing (because of his name) and is really something else (that's more like a "Michael").

Having said that, apart from having fun with Dud (he really is a nice chap), the story has stalled.

So many stories to write, so many things to be sidetracked by.
Have you tried interviewing Dudley? Sometimes I've heard that it can spark ideas for a given story to write up an interview with one or more of the characters.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #33
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
I've got a never seen, only talked about, character.
I originally hit 'reply' so I could suggest Kaiser Soze as a joke.

Quote:
He's incredibly good looking. He's been assigned as an assistant to my female MC. The idea of him (poor pet) is that all the MC's colleagues talk and speculate about him. We don't know anything else about him and he never actually is in any scenes, just that he's stunning. In my head is a lovely guy, so I don't want to make fun of him or saddle him with a p0rn name.
Having read the thread, I do think Dudley would work. They could actually refer to him as 'Studley Dudley'
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #34
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I had to look Kaiser Soze up. I don't get out enough.

I like the idea of interviewing Dudley (when I checked the story, I'd decided on Hubert. Lucky he's pretty sanguine about me changing his name all the time.). I think that's got merit - the interview, not the constant renaming of Duds/Bert. Dudbert! Noooo.

Honestly, this story has been on the boil (and when I say "boil", I mean tepid) for over 10 years. I introduced Dudbert to...I can't remember. Anyway, he's staying. I like him.

But I'm having fun. And that's the only reason I haven't binned the whole lot. Sigh.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote