Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
dansenor
dansenor began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touchlux
how to change standby picture

hello,
have bought a thouchlux for my wife and she "wants" I change the satndby picture (bubbles with Zzzzz)
doe any one know how it's possible ?
thank's
dansenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
With the caveat that my Pocketbook 360 is pretty old now and things may have changed with later models like yours ...

With mine, it is very straightforward. All I have to do is place the screensaver(s) I want in the internal memory directory system/logo. The images must be in format greyscale BMP at 4 BPP (bits per pixel). They should also be the correct shape/size for the screen of your particular model (e.g. 600 x 800 pixels in my case).

To make my PB360 use a particular image I go into Settings - Appearance - BootLogo and/or PoweroffLogo and select the BMP image I want. If you have copied several BMPs to the logo directory there is also a selection random logo which randomly picks an image from the logo directory each time it's needed.

If this info is way out-of-date hopefully someone will be along soon to give you better instructions

Edit: In case it's helpful, attached is a sample of a BMP which works fine on my PB360
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mouse.bmp (234.5 KB, 1498 views)

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-15-2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added sample
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
There's info on how to change the power off and boot up images here (page 75): http://download.pocketbook-int.com/6...23%28EN%29.pdf , but you're asking about the sleep image, right? (When the reader is paused, not turned off.)

I changed to Crystal theme (info in German here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214445 , some related info here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214763 ), and that changed the sleep image to a sleeping penguin, see the first thumbnail in the German thread. I've no idea how to change it to a custom image, but the second thread I linked to has some info on how to make your own themes.
hildea is online now   Reply With Quote