Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #1
Grandad
Grandad began at the beginning.

Device: Archos
New Column

I am new here so i hope this is the place where i can put this request.
Is it possible to make a new Collum in Calibre i send a picture of what i mean i used the collum publisher to show what i mean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre.PNG
Views:	172
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	159014  
Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:33 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Grandad - use Preferences(ctrl+p)->Add your own columns (top row middle icon)

BR

PS - Recipes sub forum is about Fetching News reports.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2017, 02:29 AM   #3
Grandad

Thanks fore the answer. Ihave don this already the problem is that is dont show on this (Look at Picture) i cant fill in anything because the colum is not vissible there
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre 2.PNG
Views:	139
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	159046  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:53 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
Thanks fore the answer. Ihave don this already the problem is that is dont show on this (Look at Picture) i cant fill in anything because the colum is not vissible there
Can you post a shot of the custom column you added, should look something like this:

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	159048

After you add a new custom column you must do a restart, you would have got a "Please do a restart" popup when you clicked OK Apply after adding the column.

By default the new column would appear as the right most column in the book list, and the metadata data edit dialogue should have a Custom columns tab, like this:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	159049

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-15-2017 at 05:15 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 09-15-2017, 05:12 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you restart Calibre after creating the column?
There should be a New TAB (if this is the first Custom Column)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	customMDEtab.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	159050  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Grandad

i dit all u the thing you told me. and i also see the custom metadata. but ist complicated like this to fill in those booknumbers one by one. therfore i take the Uitgever (See the first posting here) also i made a new collum. and i wanted to see in the other screenshot (See the one whit the bookcover of Perry Rhodan
Old 09-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i dit all u the thing you told me. and i also see the custom metadata. but ist complicated like this to fill in those booknumbers one by one. therfore i take the Uitgever (See the first posting here) also i made a new collum. and i wanted to see in the other screenshot (See the one whit the bookcover of Perry Rhodan
That is the one that make me think something is not correct. I get the extra tab when I have any custom colum
Try this metadata editor view mode.

<on man menu> Preferences: Behavior: all on 1 tab (for single books. multiple books uses the 'Custom' Tab when there is custom columns.

BTW what version and OS are you running?
Old 09-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Granddad - please post a screen shot of the column you added --
  • go to Preferences->Add your own columns;
  • highlight your custom column;
  • click the blue 'i';
  • post a capture of that dialogue - as per the first screen shot in post #4.
BR
Old 09-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #9
Grandad

Hier it is but i dont see the i
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	159064  
Old 09-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Sorry - the icon changed, it's now the pencil and pad icon. I'm still using the old set of icons.

Do you use the Job Spy plugin? I ask because it has an option to make columns non-editable.

If you can see the boeknummers column in the book list, highlight a boeknummers cell, and press F2 - you should be able to edit it there. If you can't, then I can only assume the column has been marked non-editable, either via the Job Spy plugin option, or via a SQLite database utility.

Added : Job Spy plugin uses the term Protect/Unprotect

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-17-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Hier it is but i dont see the i
neither do I (the Nay's win)

Seriously, I still have not figured out why they are not anywhere on the MDE form.
Try changing the 'lookup name' just in case it clashes (silently) with some internal usage.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #12
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Grandad:

Optional, but it would be informative if you ran the special report that is attached to show exactly what your Custom Column configuration is from a technical perspective. If there is something corrupt about your problem Custom Column, this should show it.

The Calibre plug-in that hosts that special technical report is found at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=269911

The attached image shows the menu path.

The version of the plug-in that contains this report is 1.0.77.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_custom_columns_technical_listing.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	993.7 KB
ID:	159070  

Last edited by DaltonST; 09-17-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Version 1.0.77
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #13
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Grandad:

If you still have not resolved your custom column issue by totally deleting that custom column, restarting Calibre, creating it again, restarting Calibre, and testing the results, you could optionally try this:

[1] Install the Job Spy plug-in (at least temporarily).

[2] Restart Calibre.

[3] Click through the menu path shown in my prior post (that has a picture of the Job Spy menus) so that you execute the special technical custom column report that is displayed in that post.

[4] Make a screen-print of that report.

[5] Post that screen-print back in this thread so we can look at it.

[6] Uninstall the Job Spy plug-in (unless you wish to keep it for a while).

DaltonST
Old 09-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #14
Grandad

wel i dit what you told me as you can see in the picture this different as your screenshot.
Something i forget is. I use Win10 Home and Calibre 3.7 64bit
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Naamloos.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	583.8 KB
ID:	159088  

Last edited by Grandad; 09-19-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #15
DaltonST
Deviser

You do not have the latest version of Job Spy. The version of the plug-in that contains this report is 1.0.77. Update it first, then restart Calibre.

You must click the menu item to create the report. Look again at my example, following the red arrows. You stopped just prior to that.

The window of the report must be resized for your display to show it all by dragging the sides outwards with your mouse. The new size will be remembered in the future.

After the window is large and optimized, you can also click the Export to Clipboard button, and then paste the textual results into your next post. We have to be able to read what it says, and screenprints are not always clear enough to read.

Last edited by DaltonST; 09-19-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Copy text to clipboard too