Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
If you have issues, don't forget to try resetting

I was happily reading on my 350 at lunch yesterday, when suddenly, it started acting really weird. Randomly, when I would turn the page, the screen would refresh very slowly, then come up as if it didn't finish it's refresh cycle: the background of the page would remain dark gray, the new text would be there in dark gray (but hard to read because of lack of contrast), and I could still see the previous page's text in white against the dark gray background (sorry, I didn't take a pic).

I thought maybe this was because I had been reading in direct sunlight and it had overheated the reader, so I moved it into the shade, but it kept happening. Sometimes, the new page looked normal, sometimes all messed up as described above.

OK -- so after lunch, I let it cool down in the office AC, and guess what? It kept happening! All through last night and this morning, I lived with it, planning on calling Sony support today and demanding a new, replacement unit. Then, it dawned on me to try a soft reset, and voila! It's back to normal.

Not sure if it was the sunlight that set it off in the first place, but at least I know how to cure my reader if it happens again.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote