Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
JTAL604622
Enthusiast
JTAL604622 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900
Creating XML book listing with Calibre

I just updated to the newest version and am trying to create a xml list of all my books that I can export from my library.

I tried it in epub format and it worked great (pictures etc), with xml it created a xml file in code format and I cannot find away to make it look like the epub format i.e. not all text.

My main purpose is to have a self contained internet file that looks like the epub format....i think..lol.

But i do love calibre.

Thanks,

Jonathon
JTAL604622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Create the catalog as an epub, then unzip it for the XML source files.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
JTAL604622
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, but im not sure im following.

I have the epub file, when i look at it in calibre it has links that all work.
I want the same thing in html, i thought i did it before on the Mac version, but I cannot get it to do it on the newest version on windows 7.

I do not see a way to unzip the epub or opf file?

My brain hurts and i know it cant be this hard, but for the life of me I cannot figure this out..lol.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAL604622 View Post
I have the epub file, when i look at it in calibre it has links that all work.
I want the same thing in html,..

I do not see a way to unzip the epub or opf file?
An epub file is a zip file with the file extension changed from .zip to .epub. Change it back to .zip, then unzip it to get the original html.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
JTAL604622
Enthusiast

Thats work great.

Now if only it would export the ISBN in epub format so I could have that available like the xml file.

Is there no way to use the XML file to view the details other than the text version?

Thanks,

Jonathon
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If what you want is the ISBN listed for each book in the catalog, you can post an enhancement request here.

If that's not what you're looking for, please explain further.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote