Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Czechnology
Czechnology began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reader for PDF magazine, university scripts etc + ability to write notes / highlight

I know there has been a thousand of these questions but I was just unable to find anything that would work well for me. So if you do know, please advise or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I'm looking for a reader that would have no problems with (especially) PDFs with graphics, for ex. a magazine or my university scripts which contain a lot of mathematical formulas (LaTeX).
Moreover, I'd really want to be able to add notes to the scripts and highlight the text.
I'd also very much like the ability to search in the text.

The size should be enough to read an A4 page - so in landscape that'd be at least A5.
And of course, reasonable price but I don't want to set a border. Let's see what comes up.

(the only thing I've found was iRex DR1000S and that's just way too expensive at the moment - one could buy two average netbooks for the price of one iRex)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Czechnology; 04-27-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Czechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Dobrý den Czechnology. Abych pravdu řekl takový "reader" neexistuje. DR1000S je bez debat nejlepší ale bohužel (jak jste právě řekl) je moc dráhý :-(

Hello Czechnology. To tell the truth, such a "reader" doesn't exit. The DR1000S is without question the best, but unfortunately (as you have just said) it is very expensive :-(
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Another possible alternative is enTourage eDGe. It does most of what you need but not landscape mode. There is a similar thread here so it may be of help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80881

One problem is that the machine is shipped only to US or Canada so you may need to use freight forwarding service or some friends/relatives in US/Canada.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote