Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
detecting ipkg errors?

Hi,

I've been playing around with ipkg and installers and I ran into something:
If my postinst control script exits with an error, the ipkg program prints a nice ERROR, indicating that the script had an abnormal exit code, and terminates.
However, ipkg itself terminates with an exit code of 0, so I cannot detect from my installer script, which calls ipkg, that there was an error (at least not by inspecting the exit code).

Is there any way around this?
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
too complicated for me
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert