Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
libprs500 stopped working on my Mac

After using libprs500 for several months to manage my prs500, suddenly it has stopped. I was using version 4.38. I downloaded and installed the 4.40 with no success. The GUI shows the books loaded on my reader, but not the books in the library. When I tried to add a book to the library, I got this error message:

user-defined aggregate's 'step' method raised error
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Apps in stack/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 343, in add_books
File "/Applications/Apps in stack/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 376, in _add_books
File "libprs500/gui2/library.pyo", line 192, in resort
File "libprs500/gui2/library.pyo", line 185, in sort
File "libprs500/library/database.pyo", line 821, in refresh
OperationalError: user-defined aggregate's 'step' method raised error

My Mac is running Leopard: 10.5.2. I believe this problem began after I upgraded the system from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2, but I'm not certain of that.

Is anyone else having this problem? I love the way libprs500 has been working for me. I do have Windows installed on this intel Mac, and if worst comes to worst I can go there, but like many other Mac users I resist "going over to the dark side.
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Looks like a problem with your database. Try the following command in a terminal

Code:
mv ~/library1.db ~/library1.db.orig
Then launch libprs500. That should take care of the adding books problem. As for the missing books in your library view., it seems like the database has been corrupted, perhaps by the update. What does
Code:
ls -sh ~/library1.db.orig
give you?

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 03-04-2008 at 10:11 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
jaybee
Enthusiast

When I try to start libprs500 after running the first code, I get this error message:

"libprs500 error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script
IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call"
There are two buttons: Console, and Terminate
-----
I've tried to start libprs500 several more times since writing the above. Two times it ran without error and I was able to add a book. Four or five times I got the error and had to "terminate."
-------
The second code gives:
"158632 /Users/jblass/library1.db.orig"
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first error is because of a bug that will be fixed in the next release (basically sometimes the routine to detect the number of CPUs fails). Are you willing to upload library1.db.orig somewhere so I can download it and have a look. I'm interested in figuring out just what the corruption is.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #5
jaybee
Enthusiast

I'll be happy to do that. I'm not sure where I can upload it. Do you have a suggestion?

Last edited by jaybee; 03-05-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo
Advert
Old 03-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm I dont know of any open access file servers.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Maybe http://file-share.biz/, http://www.filesharefree.com/ or http://home.services.spaces.live.com/
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #8
jaybee
Enthusiast

I have 3 library database folders now: one called library.db (6.3 MB), one called library1.db (560 KB), and since running the above code, one called library1.db.orig (77.5 MB).

I have tried to upload the last file, per your request, but it is too large to be handled by the services I found (including the 3 in the previous post). I did upload the smaller (library1.db) to Yahoo Briefcase. I am sending you the location and password for that account by email, if that would be any help.

Is there any reason why I can't just trash the old database files and start over? This would not be a big problem for me now that I can add books to the new db.

Thanks very much for the program and for your help!