Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
ubuntuser
ubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 3
Erasing voice files

My root folder is short of free space. I've got only ~60M. I need to install python25 and other stuff by optware.
So i listed items, which consumes the most. They are obviously voice files of Text-to-Speech feature. Of course I dont use this feature. And I wonder if everything is going to work fine after deleting them. Has anyone tried to do so?
ubuntuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Lets us know what you find out.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm.. an interesting question

"everything is going to work fine" - hmm.. well the reader should still open AFAIK.

I would simply back them off to FAT and reboot to test....

MEH..

doing it. hang on.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ermmmm...

Wait... no I'm not doing that...

is there any reason you wouldn't setup an ext2 image drive on the FAT drive and mount it? and use that?

This all feels way to suicidal for me.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
ubuntuser
ubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenubuntuser has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 3
@knc1 yeah, its working. But produces a lot of output to /var/log/messages. A few seconds and at least a few kB of data..Even when TTS is off.

Last edited by ubuntuser; 02-17-2013 at 02:22 PM.
ubuntuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
twobob

You could set the log level of the bit you want to quiet down via a boot script.

I still feel that it should be possible to split the weight of the /opt requirements across onto FAT far more sensibly.

I only dabbled briefly with optware so my near useless advice ends here.